Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

Yes SpyBot search and Destroy has a New version

Started by Maxx, Apr 09, 14, 11:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Yes SpyBot search and Destroy has a New version out and you can still get it free, for private use!
Feel free to make a donation or buy the commercial version, if you feel this right for you, I have been using this software for many years, and has been very beneficial to me and my machine, in help me to recover from bad infections! new Version New looks and runs smooth, It is recommended that you undo the previous Immunizations and and version before installing the new one!

Read more here>

http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/why-do-i-see-internet-protection-basic-in-spybots-start-center/

Scrubmeister

I too had used that for years with good success.  O0

Now my kids use it.

ZarPrime

Doesn't that new version of Spyware Search & Destroy include a virus scanner or am I thinking of another one?

BTW, I may indeed be thinking of another one.  Oh wait, I think it's AdAware that includes virus protection now , now that I think about it.  I think that one is the one that won't run alongside your regular virus protection anymore unless you disable one of them.

ZarPrime

Maxx

On the spybot... It has anew feature to include Internet protection. in the free version. the commercial version has Virus protection. But for that I still am Hard core AVG and they keep getting better, All the other have let me down so many times and Adaware is one that looks great but I cannot rely on it at all, sorry!

regards,
Maxx

ZarPrime

I agree with you Maxx.  I have used Mcafee and Norton 360 from Symantec in the past but I also use AVG now and I'm thinking about trying out Spybot as well.

Another good one is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free.  The link is here --> https://www.malwarebytes.org/

It also runs fine alongside your virus protection software.

ZarPrime

Maxx

Yes I like Malwarebytes , but lately SpyBot is finding more infection  than Malware. and I also use it in the safe mode, for best results, not to leave the restore points out of the scan ( backup) backs up infections also.

if run spybot in the full win mode, then I'd do it as run as administrator.

the other stuff I keep up to date copies on the External Drives, for emergency only!

regards,
Maxx

ZarPrime

Maxx, I am going to sticky this topic for now so that I can easily find it in the future.  I want to eventually setup a security and privacy board that I can move this topic into.

ZarPrime AKA JH

Maxx

Sounds good!

And I'd like to add, that having to many of these applications installed at the same time can also cause serious issues, this why I keep some up to date on a usb Hard drive! And again the safe mode is your friend here!

regards,
Maxx