Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

Free Apps and Baggage!

Started by Maxx, Apr 14, 14, 08:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

First be certain your getting your Free apps and software form and reputable source!

Most all free stuff now days comes with some baggage attached to to it, So read a little before you down load and install them. During installation. take your time and read what is being installed to the your system, often times you'll find that the extra, baggage ware ( I call it ) will be trail applications, if you can opt out, do so! ( some baggage is very hard remove!)

If not remember to uninstall the baggage ware, from your windows system ASAP!
Another issue is browser tools bars that will slow down you start-up and or PC and use up unnecessary CPU and Memory, and track you browsing habits.. may even include spyware!

Most added tool bars can be uninsulated like any other application, and also check your browser option to deactivate and or delete these things. ( same Goes for Hand held devises, they all have their procedures for this!

I would not install anything, on your devises, unless you are sure you'll need them and use them!
Too much trust can kill your system and your security!

regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

Maxx - Good tips.

I'll remember that when I get a smart phone.  ;D

Same is true for computer programs.  :P  Only download from a reputable source and look out for extra "baggage".