Users: 0
Guests: 192
Total: 192

What device?

Started by Scrubmeister, Sep 04, 14, 05:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrubmeister

Do your members use to view your forum?

Some on my site have mentioned they use mobile phones.

How does that affect theme design?

Maxx

For SMF it is very hard almost impossible to get a complete responsive theme ( the key word), I got ot were I can get most all of them to work, most of the SMF stite except, the parts that use tables and side panels, This one reason I'm so pissed at The SMF people they don't want to listen to the future, or least until the 2.1 alpha now days is going, but it, so screwed up, who can trust it to be secure and stable... they are so many of the talkers, and don't move on anything.

I manage to get around my sites with tablets and phones, but not like should be. But it's getting there slowly with this old man, I did so much and many took my ideas.. but that's good, I hope they use them the right way you know.

It may seem I'm a pain at times, but I don't have the time to waste on some of the know it alls that do nothing but talk... SMF means allot me and I put my heart into it, and they just piss on me.\\

Sorry you just ask a simple question, and gave you rant.. lol!

I just called Jim and left a message, for him to contact me I put him back a admin!
He is a long timer with TP and maybe pissed at me But I hope not, cause he's a good guy friend, but he maybe upset or just too much going on, don't know just hoping he's OK!

all the people who say they like and miss Jeff and loved his work and, none but a few have even dropped in to say hey! this is what get to me... I could never do what Jeff did and at my age and health.

No one can replace him !!!

regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

Jeff was very talented especially considering his condition.

What about Tapatalk? One of my members was a bit upset we didn't have it. I tried it early on but it fouled up my site. Been some updates since then so I could try it again. Just curious what we could do for mobile and tablet users?

BurkeKnight

You are right about that...
No one can replace Jeff.
But Maxx, the same goes for you, too.
You have done so much, for Jeff, for SMF, for people.
Do not ever forget, that to some of us, you are just as important to us, as Jeff.

The same also goes for Jim. I have no idea what went on recently, but I do know this...
You, Jim and Jeff, were best friends. No matter what went on, you and Jim will always be best friends, not just because you and he wants it so, but because Jeff wants it so.

God bless you, Maxx, and Jim too.
God has already blessed our friend Jeff, by easing him out of the pain he was suffering in this world, and taking him to be with Jesus and Jeff's mother.

We are all blessed by God, whenever we truly look at how great He is, and how much He has done for us. Too bad, that some people just do not look at things the right way.

Maxx

Thanks Burke,

And We must give a big thanks to Scrubby for all his efforts to get CZone up and running on line once again! he is also a great Friend of Jeff's and ours. :)

Edit as a note that Burke also offer to put us up on his server, and so did I, I actually started at new site and register it as (.net) But Scrubby, Zarprime and Myself decided best to keep here at his home he started.

regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

Its been a team effort. Mostly Maxx.

So I installed Tapatalk on my forum last night. Their site and software have been upgraded since the last time we tried it. Loaded right in through Package Manager.

Members are saying they like it and using it to post. So I guess this is one tool that we can use to help members with mobile.

Maxx

I'll need to check that out!

thanks
Maxx

ZarPrime

Quote from: Scrubmeister on Sep 04, 14, 05:26:07 PM

Scrubby,

To answer your question, the browsers for most of the newer devices have pretty much caught up with the technology. Below is a screenshot of this site using Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and, as you can see, everything pretty much shows up excellent. The only thing that is hard to use is dropdowns, like when a menu in the header has sub-items, it's hard to get used to using those. There are other ways that those could be handled though.

ZarPrime

Skhilled

Quote from: Scrubmeister on Sep 05, 14, 12:08:35 PM
Its been a team effort. Mostly Maxx.

So I installed Tapatalk on my forum last night. Their site and software have been upgraded since the last time we tried it. Loaded right in through Package Manager.

Members are saying they like it and using it to post. So I guess this is one tool that we can use to help members with mobile.

Thanks for the heads up about Tapatalk. I tried it awhile back and it didn't work well with SMF but did with some other forums. Now I can try it again. I still get their newsletters. LOL

Quote from: ZarPrime on Sep 05, 14, 01:10:22 PM
Quote from: Scrubmeister on Sep 04, 14, 05:26:07 PM

Scrubby,

To answer your question, the browsers for most of the newer devices have pretty much caught up with the technology. Below is a screenshot of this site using Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and, as you can see, everything pretty much shows up excellent. The only thing that is hard to use is dropdowns, like when a menu in the header has sub-items, it's hard to get used to using those. There are other ways that those could be handled though.

ZarPrime

It worked the same on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 but now that I bricked it I've got a ASUS Memo Pad 7 and still the same results. Otherwise, it works very well.

On a side note, Dragooon created a mobile theme that works very well. The only issue is that it disables all portals and you cannot see any panels or blocks. But it is very minimalistic and more designed for small mobile phones.

http://smf-media.com/index.php/detailed-overview