Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 180
Total: 180

The Never-Ending Always-Changing Off-Topic Thread

Started by BurkeKnight, Sep 15, 14, 07:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurkeKnight

I have decided, thanks to a topic on my main site as well as the SMF site, to start this topic.

This is just for plain fun chatting, post your status, like what you are doing at the time, what you are listening to, etc.

Just have fun, post anything about anything, within reason and be sure to follow the site rules. :)

I'd like to see this get going, and maybe made a sticky topic, and see how many replies we can get. :)

Also, as the subject states, Always-Changing, which means, no worries about changing the subject at any time. :)

Maxx

OK how did you come up with your Nick?

Mine is because, I take it to the max +1! :)

regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

I'm a retired commercial carpet cleaner and cleaning business owner.

Also used the name for a website that sold commercial carpet cleaning chemicals and equipment. Closed that down a couple years ago. Recession really killed sales.  :P

Still run a forum for professional cleaners. (uscleanersnetwork.com)

BurkeKnight

Mine came from merging 2 characters together.

Burke: Andrew Vachss main character in his books.
Knight: Michael Knight from Knight Rider. (The old 1980's version)

They both have characteristics and morals that I tend to share, so, why not?

Skhilled

Mine is from my name S. K. Hill...added the "ed" cause it sounded cool. Had the name on the net for about 18 or so years now.

Scrubmeister

Anyone into old Gravely walk behind tractors? They haven't been made in a few years but were commercial duty and still plenty around used.

Looking to buy my first one to help me maintain my property. Been thinking about it for years. My parents live next to me so I do all the heavy yard work for about 8 acres or so. Decided to get brush hog and rototiller attachments to begin with. Will probably add more attachments ove time. Been renting a rototiller a couple times per year for gardening. I usually burn up a weed wacker every other year because I put so many hours on one. A walk behind should cut my work time time and save me some money over the course of a few years.

Some people are really big into collecting and restoring these things. There is also a Gravely club and a yearly "mow in". Its like a convention for enthusiasts. Not sure I'm interesting in going that route yet? Maybe when I get OLD.  ;D

Scrubmeister

Guess no one is into Gravely.

Do you build your own computers?

I made a Frankenstein Dell laptop. Used a bunch of parts machines to make one good.

Also did a lot of mods and repair on a Compaq desktop I had. Kept patching it but it was so slow I just couldn't upgrade without a new motherboard. Would have been cheaper to start over at that point. No desktops right now. All laptop.

Maxx

Yes Laptops,, I fixed a few ... but never rebuild one.. You know you can buy them off lease at times cheap!... however the new ones coming out now days are getting cheaper. and Dell is one of them!

sounds something like Homer Simpson, "Dell" ...JK I like The New Dell Laptops... real nice and seen some very Reasonable HP's Did some heavy repair on some of those Off lease Jobs.. and they don't make like that any longer! real work horses !!

For Lap tops I like:
Dell
HP
and ASUS ( in my dreams). way above my budget ( the newer ones)

Always use ASUS hardware to build Desk TOPs.

regards,
Maxx over Drive

Skhilled

I build my own and will probably build a new one when I get my tax return next year. I've even considered building a laptop.

Maxx

Thanks Doc.... I just upgraded my Hard Drive to Western Digital and they have, at their site a great tool to Clone your old drive to the New one. one drive must WD though but works great, got ur done in no time 130 GB off junk! ( But It's My Junk) lol!

regards,
Maxx