Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197

The Never-Ending Always-Changing Off-Topic Thread

Started by BurkeKnight, Sep 15, 14, 07:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrubmeister

Anyone into camping?

I've got an old Winnebago motorhome that we use to get away weekends or whenever we can.

We've been having a particularly nice stretch of seasonably warm weather here in the Northeast so I'm trying to get some more camping in while I can.

Maxx

Use to go every week end when I lived in the UP/GLakes. Nothing like the smell of fresh cooked fish in the morning - open fire lot's of fun!  a new spot every week end.  My son goes now , I'm too old.. But had my chance and took it LOL!

regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

Maxx - You're never too old to go camping!

Might just need to change how you go?

Most of the people I see during the weekdays right now would be considered old. One guy recently told me he was 85. He has a smaller class C motorhome and said he uses it regularly.

My wife and I have owned campers of some sort for the last 30 years. Started out with tents just like everyone else. Went to truck cap, then truck camper, then various tow behinds. Have had this old Winnebago about 8 years now. I like it because I don't need to keep a truck to tow something. Only time it really cost me any money is when I drive long distances with it. 8MPG kind of hurts.

Scrubmeister

Anyone have a flag or flagpole?

I just bought a telescoping flag pole for my front yard. Been thinking about a flagpole for years but we weren't done with the site work. Was going to make a custom pole but saw this one at a fair. I had to dig a big hole, insert a pipe and surround with cement to create a base. Did that yesterday. Supposed to set 24 hours then you can insert the flag pole. Nice part about this one is you can bring it inside during really bad weather.