Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 189
Total: 189

Unlocked Phones

Started by Maxx, Sep 18, 14, 11:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Unlocked phones are getting more popular everyday now, and prices are going down, if you shop around you can find windows and android comfortable phones at a reasonable price! Unlocked so you can choose you provider and not get stuck with contracts, limitations, high pricing!

Feel free to list the good deal you got here!
Same goes for tablets, Windows and Android OS. and again I suggest you buy what you need not what's popular.
Popular = high price = not knowing how good they are or what bugs they may have!

Again read carefully the specs and reviews, and beware of some apps, that are not needed, toy with and investigate the net and Youtube to see, what you can do with out the app. or what that app may even limit you usage of the device !!!

And if fits your need who care what other say, unless they are buying it 4 you!

regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

I am glad that unlocked phones are gaining popularity.

Used to have a Blackberry when I ran my own business. Wasn't really cost effective for personal use after I sold the business.  Bought a Tracfone four years ago and haven't looked at anything since. Now Tracfone is getting into Android phones as well. My daughter has one and found it pretty expensive because she uses a lot of data.

If I could buy a nice phone with no contract at a reasonable price then I might consider going back to a "smart phone".

Maxx

You can get a Nokia Nexus windows 8 phone for around or $100 and the androids are going down also. so you can use the carrier you like or some even paid  minutes sim cards... but like I mentioned you'll need to read up, I used windows and android and I like window best to be honest! nothing against droid though.

regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

Tracfone has begun advertising that you can use your unlocked phone on their network now. Not sure of the details but its another option?

Maxx

Yes, but you must ask them before you Buy, cause some OS and units do not work for them, unless you know a good jail breaker :)

Please note that if you phone with an outstanding contract you must complete that term, or pay a penalty. beware of unlock phones for actions! you can get them cheap new! except the high end phones. and I'm not rich enough lol! for those! and if mine get broke or stolen then I'm not gonna be hurting!

regards,
Maxx