Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

Back n Black / SMF 2.0.9

Started by Dragon41673, Oct 20, 14, 06:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

Zar...

Man, I'm sorry about that. I've uploaded the image in the post above.

I did put the fix in, and the News Fader in the GREEN circled area is working...the RED one is not.

I just double checked in Internet Explorer 11 and the RED circled one is not working there either, but the GREEN circled one is...so that is why I thought it might be a theme error.

My site is www.ariesgamesandminis.com/forum but to access the forums you must be a registered member.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

ZarPrime

Quote from: Dragon41673 on Feb 15, 15, 09:45:40 PM
I did put the fix in, and the News Fader in the GREEN circled area is working...the RED one is not.

I just double checked in Internet Explorer 11 and the RED circled one is not working there either, but the GREEN circled one is...so that is why I thought it might be a theme error.

OK, this is not so hard to figure out. Many of Crip's themes use the default SMF templates, the ones used for the default curve theme. Without digging deeper into this issue, I am almost 100 % sure that Back-n-Black is the same.

If you look in your Admin ≫ Configuration ≫ Current Theme section while the theme is in use, you will see the following 3 items under the Theme Options and Preferences section ...

Enable random news line in the forum header:
Show news fader on board index:
Fading delay between items for the news fader:

The top item is what controls what you see circled in RED in your image. The other 2 control what is circled in GREEN.

Now, herein lies the answer. What is circled in green is indeed the news fader and, as you said, it is working correctly. However, the one circled in red is not a fader and does not use that function. It is not a news fader but instead displays a RANDOM news item every time the browser is refreshed. Every theme that uses the SMF templates Should and will work the same way, including the default Curve theme.

So, unfortunately, everything seems to be working the way it was designed to work. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, no pun intended. :P

Dragon41673

Ahhh ok...I don't think I ever realized that it didn't move. I could have sworn it did...but perhaps I'm mistaken.

As a side note, I've found from putting in modifications, that the Back n Black is actually based on the Core theme as several mods that were not Core compliant didn't work on the Back n Black theme...and a couple that people gladly modified to work on the Core theme...suddenly worked on Back n Black! lol

Thanks for the help!  :2up:

ZarPrime

Ah, I see. Well, Crip made a lot of themes, we estimate over 500, but it could have been a lot more and a lot of them used the SMF templates as a starting point. It doesn't surprise me that he used the Core templates though because, back when he first did this theme, Core was the default theme for SMF 1.X and, of course, the Curve theme didn't even exist at that point in time.

Anyway, I am going to go ahead and mark this topic solved. If you have any further issues, please feel free to start a new topic so that we can close this one. O0

Dragon41673

Will do! Thank you very much!