Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

Insperation even though!

Started by Maxx, Nov 29, 14, 05:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

I've worked graphics website and this stuff for many years, now, But must say that as far as My inspiration to work with SMF themes,  Came from 2 People, One was Bloc and the other was Crip.
Even though. I had bumped heads with a few, I must tell the truth. Both have their ways and I have mind, but, it what gets you interested in these things that really matters. It maybe impossible to port Crip's themes and Bloc's as well to the future of SMF, but I'm working on doing some of my own for the SMF 2.1 beta a beyond.

It's new world out there, that's been happening for a while now and we need to catch up on the user needs for the handheld and mobile devices, less graphic and more HTML5 And CSS3, and I'll be diving more in to the bootstrap stuff, at present I'm in the learning mode on that, and practicing hard!

I have been toying around with this new stuff, on some of my 2.0 plus themes, but now it's time for me, IMHO, to start working toward the 2.1 ... sure wish Jeff was here, and maybe he is, but to share in this with me. We always shared ideas, in the past.

My SMF 2.1 test site is here:
http://smf21.surfacethemes.com   ... if you care to have a look see once and again!

I'll try to keep updates here, has I'm able.... possibly post a few if they work out after the RC versions are released?

regards,
Still learning to fly!
Maxx

Skhilled

I don't think it will be impossible, they just may look a bit different because of the changes in coding. You may have to try a different approach to the conversion.

I'm a bit too busy trying to get out an upgraded version for phpBB arcade to really keep up with 2.1 just yet. However, EhPortal seems to work just fine on it with a few very minor bugs. It is a fork of Simple Portal. Here's my test site:

http://docskillz.com/smf21/

Maxx

trouble is Crip's are too many for one to do, they mounted up over the years and they are not all the same frame work, believe me I have tried both on 2.1 and it's not as easy has one may think. and I stated "Maybe imposable", So once I get to know the  new 2.1 I may try again, but no one is offering up any help. So as I see it, at this point, it may be best to make some new ones, based possibly on his :)

I have TP running on 2.1 now, and ezPortal, we are considering what need be done! on the user side, the admin works great on the outside of things!

regards,
maxx

Scrubmeister

Maxx - Like the new site.  O0

When is SMF 2.1 due to be released?

Maxx

Thanks and no one knows for sure except the coder's but the good thing is it's moving in that direction att.

An so I'm I ! :)

regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

So it could be some time before people upgrade to the newer version and replace their themes?

Skhilled

Yes, they do not even know when...yet. This is the first beta and there are bugs and incomplete features. Then who know if they will add or remove features. Usually, SMF has at least 4 beta/RC versions before a release. I'm actually wondering why they are not calling it RC instead of Beta as they've always done in the past...

BurkeKnight

They always do a beta before a RC.
2.0 had up to 4 or 5 beta versions, before they went RC.

Skhilled

Yeah, but they usually don't release them to the public...only to testers and paid supporters.