• Total Topics: 1,372
  • Online today: 229
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

Any pending responsive themes for SMF 2.1.X?

Started by Dragon41673, Apr 20, 15, 12:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

As I know you guys are aware, Google is doing a new search algorithm for mobile friendly sites. With the pending SMF 2.1.X coming soon...is CripZone  going to be offering any responsive themes? I'd honestly use ones from this community for when I switch to 2.1.X when it comes out in final form.

Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

maxx

Dragon,

I have had a few theme's customized for the 2.1 for a long time now, but can not release or eve fine tweak them until something move there.

But in any case I don't how ever those will be completely responsive, unless you do not use any mods or portals, and then still you may run into issue. I even maid a custom menu for the 2.1  .

Note that when I think deep into the mobile thing it looks like the Big Boys are monopolizing everything they can on the web, Many small business ave let alloy of people go because of, these guys bringing up the videos and or all media and content in the search engine sites so you don't have even visit the sites... So what hey! is going to happen even to the hobbyist type people like me that want to help people learn this stuff!

Too much control my friend. just madness... IMHO!

Not give up though someone needs to slow the roll some, on this stuff!

2.0.9 will be around for as long we can support it, and 2.1 gets out, I like very much, will take time for many to adapt to the changes, some I know are working portals and mod that will close the blocks when a mobile device is detected.

But like I mention, we/many are still moving forward daily, I feel we are being push out of site, the Big business!

Please note this only how I see it!
regards,
maxx

Dragon41673

Yep, I agree...big business wants us little guys to die!

Thanks for the info...I will keep looking.

maxx

Here a sample of one for 2.1 :

http://smf21.surfacethemes.com

http://smf.surfacethemes.com  ( 2.0.9 themes) test site

either way I will put them here when they are ready!

regards,
Maxx

Dragon41673

Hey Max,

Not bad...any chance, could you PLEASE make a version that has the coloring of my forums?

http://www.ariesgamesandminis.com/forum

I've got 256 people using the current theme...and only 3 using a different one.

maxx

If you are in need of a dark theme, There are many that Crip made here!
on you site I saw the default them on the forums! how every you can set all user to the theme you want and dis allow them to change, If you find many that like lighter theme them there are many of those here to choose from.

I no longer do custom themes , due to lack of time and many are never please, so you need to marry theme.

regards,
Maxx

Dragon41673

I hear ya...

My default used to be Crip's "Back n Black"...it's really a great dark theme, and 99% of my users love it.

I just changed the default late last night to the "Curve" theme, installed their "partially responsive" mod package, and moved everyone manually back over to the "Back n Black" one.

I figure this is a small work around for the Google Algorithm that starts today. This way, Google will see the default as partially responsive and not kill me on the search results...but it does nothing for my sales site. That has to be completely re-done.

Thanks again Maxx! I completely understand that many are "never" pleased...but some people love to complain!!!

maxx

am on the Ezportal Team, and it can be set to turn off the side panels whenever a mobile device is detected, and this helps allot, it also has many new mods; like contact page, Simple Blog, simple audio video, gallery and much more, it it also ready for the 2.1 when it comes put! you want to give it a try

http://ezportal.com

I have many how tos over there, we are working on it all the time.

I like and test most all portals and many mods, so not to take away from their great work! :)

But if you are moving toward responsive and to please the mobile device, you may want to check us out!

regards,
Maxx