News:

On Deck: Next is "DarkModern" For SMF 2.1.4! ;)

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,737
  • Total Topics: 1,372
  • Online today: 229
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

Browsers?

Started by Crip, Aug 11, 10, 05:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your preferred browser?

FireFox
Chrome
Internet Explorer
Opera
Safari
Other

Maxx

Me liky FF best of all but, we need to test in all of them, and now that the hand held stuff is mov'n on up, we need to get use to them all. But FF MOZ products from 1995 till now my flavorite!

regards,
Maxx

Duncan

I have two browsers.  One is Firefox (can't live without my plug-ins!) and the other is based on the same engine, and it's called "Cometbird".  It's a leaner version of Firefox.

Firefox is my "play" browser while Cometbird is my "work" browser.  I like keeping things separate.

I've tried every other browser out there since 1997 when I first got the net.  If I couldn't have Firefox, I'd go for Chrome.  But Google in all honesty is starting to scare me a bit.  :-\

Crip

Cometbird ? .. where is it?...
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

ZarPrime

http://www.cometbird.com/

Crip, doesn't look like there is a Mac version for it.

ZP

willemjan

What's the actual difference between cometbird and firefox? It looks quite the same (haven't tested it tough....)

Duncan

As far as I know, it's Windows OS only.  I use Chrome on my iMac and MacBook with a mix of Camino.

As for Cometbird VS Firefox, I'd prefer Firefox.  But Cometbird loads pages faster on my Windows PC then Firefox does.  It also starts up a little faster.  I believe all Cometbird is, is Firefox but cut down to the basics with some basic tweaks. (Which I've also done in Firefox but don't notice much.)  Either way, it works. :)

Crip

yeah , I read a bit about it via Google Search .. thanks for the info.

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

willemjan

Thanks for the explanation ;)

Crip

you bet`cha .. Lol :P

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

You know with all this mobile and hand held stuff coming out smaller and more compact there will be newer and light weight browsers that use less disk space and memory. but this does not make the better in my book, for the small stuff yes, but for those of us that use the Net to work, and teach we need the good stuff like FF, I have been using and testing Mozilla products from 1995 till now.. I yes I'm gonna sick with FireFox as my favorite Browser, and also as a favorite standard for testing Themes!

Not to mention, security!
until Big brother cracks down on these privacy laws!

regards,
Maxx