News:

We have *Free* SMF 2.0 & 2.1 Themes for Download and Support!

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,737
  • Total Topics: 1,372
  • Online today: 229
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 220
Total: 220

FireFox=12.0

Started by Crip, May 09, 12, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

Though I'm primarily using Google Chrome right now, I just upgraded yesterday to FF 12 and it looks pretty good so far.  Today or tomorrow, it will be time to renew my Norton 360 so I'll be in or out.

Maxx

Jim,

I was using FF 13, but had to got back to 12, because I could not view the Widget you placed on my test, did not find out until I installed the Ubuntu on my laptop, it comes with FF12!

So I think FF13 has some issues!

regards,
Maxx

ZarPrime

Ah, yes, probably.  I don't think it's public yet, is it?

Maxx

I think it auto updated? or asked me to, not sure but I would not...FireBug works great with FF12..
I think FF maybe tryinh too fast to update their stuff!
regards,
Maxx

ZarPrime

I've noticed that happens sometimes.  When I look at my "About" on FF now, with 12 installed, it says it's up to date.

Crip

FF 12.0 => Crashed twice on me today , however FireBug does indeed work Great. :up:
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

possibly some complained and they are now holding back..I think even the 12 my have some crash issue, Jeff is not first to bring this up and it has happened to me..BUT now that went back to AVG... It alerts me of the amount of memory my browser use.

I went back to AVG, the Avast let me down and the AVG is much better now!

always trusted in more than any other!

regards,
maxx

Crip

Mac Safari does have a somewhat Web - Developer , nowhere close to FireBug , but helpful @ times.
SS:

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

ZarPrime

I've been playing with FF 12 today some and haven't found any problems.  If you remember, a while back, I did have a problem with a version of FF when I was using a large number of Group Tabs back when they first added those and FF crashed on me and I lost all the Group Tabs.  That really ticked me off.  Hopefully, they've solved whatever issue they were having as it totally wiped out everything I had saved at that time.  If I ever decide to get back into experimenting with the Group Tabs, I know how to backup the file that saves all that stuff so I shouldn't have that problem again.  Firebug does indeed work great with FF 12.  Also, Google Chrome has a pretty nice set of Developer tools and is very similar to Firebug though I'm not attuned to using it yet as much as I am with Firebug.

As for AVG, I used it for quite a number of years quite awhile back but I did find it lacking.  About 4 or 5 years ago, I started using Norton 360 when they first came out with it and I haven't looked back.  I know it's got a little more overhead than AVG and some of the others but I like it better than Mcafee which I also used for awhile even though it costs me a little bit more than if I was using AVG.  My Norton 360 expires in 4 days so I suppose I could look around to see what else is out there but I probably won't.  It's probably not worth the effort that I would save switching at this point.

Jim

Crip

MacKeeper
-------------------
This App. pretty much takes care of a mac by it's self , a must have for most all macs I think.
http://mackeeper.zeobit.com/

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.