• Total Topics: 1,372
  • Online today: 229
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 224
Total: 224

Wanting to add text below footer (BlackRain V2)

Started by REVNU, Mar 16, 11, 04:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REVNU

I am having trouble adding a Disclaimer UNDER the Orange footer.  That would be below the SMF Version in the middle.

Here is my website:

thecorellianleague.com/index.php

I am trying to add this as WHITE TEXT, small legible font, but keep getting errors or it just doesn't show up.  Could anyone help me out?

"This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or to any image, video or sound clip directly. Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved."

I keep getting an error when posting my index file. that I can't post external links.

I can send you my index.template.php file

I'm running SMF 1.1.13 and BlackRain V2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Crip

Quote from: REVNU on Mar 16, 11, 04:44:18 PM
I am having trouble adding a Disclaimer UNDER the Orange footer.  That would be below the SMF Version in the middle.

Here is my website:

http://www.thecorellianleague.com/index.php

I am trying to add this as WHITE TEXT, small legible font, but keep getting errors or it just doesn't show up.  Could anyone help me out?

"This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or to any image, video or sound clip directly. Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved."

I keep getting an error when posting my index file. that I can't post external links.

I can send you my index.template.php file

I'm running SMF 1.1.13 and BlackRain V2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a Screen/Shot of it?
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

REVNU

Crip,

I had removed the coding.  Because it wasn't working.  I have reuploaded the file so you can visit the wesite again and see it.

Here is the section that I think is causing the problem. It's putting it under the XHTML | CSS text links, not under the SMF footer like I want it to.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I just can't for the life of me figure it out.

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
echo '
<div id="footerarea" style="text-align: center; padding-bottom: 1ex;', $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? ' width: 100%;' : '', '">
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="28%" valign="middle" align="left" class="smalltext" style="text-indent: 5px;">
<strong><em>B l a c k - R a i n V.2</em></strong><span class="smalltext"> by <a href="http://www.jpr62.com/theme/" target="_blank"><strong><em>C r i p ~</em></strong></a></span>
</div>
<div id="footer">
<span class="copyright">This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with LucasArts, BioWare, or Electronic Arts. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © 2008-2010 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All Rights Reserved. BioWare and the BioWare logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. You may not copy any images, videos or sound clips found on this site or to any image, video or sound clip directly.
Game content and materials copyright LICENSOR. All Rights Reserved.</span></div>

</td>
<td valign="middle" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap;" class="smalltext">
', theme_copyright(), '
</td>
<td width="28%" valign="middle" align="right" class="smalltext">
  <a href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer" target="_blank" style="font-size:10px;">XHTML</a> | <a href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer" target="_blank" style="font-size:10px;">CSS</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
</td>
</tr>
</table><br />';

REVNU

It looks like someone edited my code for me...

Code still works. Problem is now it moved it to the left side.  :)

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it under the middle.

I'll keep trying, but if you can offer any more help that would be great.

You can see where it moved the text to now at the website.

http://thecorellianleague.com/index.php

REVNU

Well after much trial and error I finally figured it out.  Thanks for the help!  :up:

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

Looking good !! ---- I had to edit the code, because you should never put code in a post without the code bracket around it... An Glad you got it working, trail and error is great learning process and used by many a genius!

regards,
Maxx