News:

We have *Free* SMF 2.0 & 2.1 Themes for Download and Support!

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,737
  • Total Topics: 1,372
  • Online today: 229
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 213
Total: 214

Responsive Ambassador

Started by trams, May 23, 15, 02:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trams

Hello, i'm using Ambassador theme since its creation by Crip.
Now i need to use a responsive theme for my forum but i would keep this theme.
Since Ambassador is based on Curve Theme, is there any fix to apply to make it responsive?

I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

maxx

Very sorry for the late reply, very busy and over looked :(

Please Check this link for the new SMF responsive mod, if you have issues with the mod you ask over there in the support section for this mod , if that does not work, please le me know I see what can be done. ( most say the beta 3 is the best mod!
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535720.0
Note we do not have all Crip's themes installed here so we may need to visit you site!

Hope this helps@!

regards,
Maxx

trams

Sorry for late reply and thank you for keeping up this support site :)

Why do you suggest Beta 3? I see the latest version is Beta 5.
Anyway my site uses Ambassador theme, you can have a look at it here: m*neywantersf*rum DOT com (* = o).

Thank you!

maxx

That was a while back Now, beta 4 had some issue as I can recall, and yes it's beta five.

Please not that if it does install to you current theme , you can un zip the beta 5 package open the css in note pad and copy and paste all test to the bottom of that themes index.css and save... now if you have problems them please let me know! or zip the index.css and upload here and I'll make the change for you! :)

Kind regards,
Maxx

trams

I did try to apply Beta3 and it found a problem with index.template.php file of Ambassador theme. It looks for the following row:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?fin20" />';

that it wants to replace to:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?fin20" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/responsive', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?fin20" />';

It found error because my index.template.php has this row instead:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?rc5" />

So i manually fix it replacing with this:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?rc5" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/responsive', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?fin20" />';

Shoud it be right?
I also tried to use ".css?rc5" for both rows, but seems to be the same.
Maybe my modification is wrong, in fact nothing is changed with my forum: i tried to open it by phone and it looks like before.

trams

Are you using Ambassador theme right now? :o
Can you please tell me how to do it? Is this Beta5?

maxx

Back up everything first, place another theme default before you start, if you are able to!

First in you index.template.php you add this, in the meta find

// The ?fin20 part of this link is just here to make sure browsers don't cache it wrongly.
echo '
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/index', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?fin20" />';

add this:

echo '
   <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1" />
   <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/responsive', $context['theme_variant'], '.css?fin20" />

Now open the responsive package and up load files where they belong:
the responsive in the CSS folder.

The image in the images folder!

NOTE: I found it works better if you copy the responsive css from note pad ad add it to the bottom of the index.css
you can see better on http://smf.surfacethemes.com... but I'm working on the image sprite seems to not fetch it properly.

If you add the responsive css to the index the... take it out of the Css folder until I settle things out!

regards,
Maxx

trams

First i want to remove my previous installation of Beta 5... but there is not button to uninstall it in my package list. My SMF version is 2.0.10, i tried to see in the package-info.xml file and all is ok:

<uninstall for="2.0 - 2.0.99">
<modification type="file" reverse="true">install.xml</modification>
<remove-file name="$boarddir/Themes/default/css/responsive.css" />
<remove-file name="$boarddir/Themes/default/images/responsive_menu.png" />
</uninstall>

How to remove it?
After that i will able to try your solution...

maxx

I'm not sure what you did there, but I would not worry, because, this will still work...Now keep in mind the menu images, I'm still trying solve they do not get fetched from the CSS, how ever they are not really need by the mobile user, because the navigation tree is visible for them and they can select the Category they desire!

regards,
Maxx

maxx

Oh BTW I get the my test site on the windows phone and looks great! :

regards,
Maxx