Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

Technician

Started by Oldcrow, Feb 20, 14, 03:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldcrow

Can someone explain how to change the Technician banner to my own banner..

My banner size is 384px X 100px

SMF 2.0.7 Board.

Link to board: http://theover50goldengroup.net/index.php?action=forum

I'm not that great in the files, so kind of explain in simple terms..

Thanks  Ron..

Maxx

The best way is in the Admin > current theme > your find a place to put the "url" of your banner in there> so on the banner you want right click on the banner > click on "copy image location", then paste that to the note pad so you don't lose it, then go to the theme you want it on and paste that url or link the current theme section the theme you want it on, or is that double talk LOL!

anyway please let know how it goes!

Please note that if is to big it's not gonna look good

regards,
max

Oldcrow

Quote from: Maxx on Feb 20, 14, 04:16:07 PM
The best way is in the Admin > current theme > your find a place to put the "url" of your banner in there> so on the banner you want right click on the banner > click on "copy image location", then paste that to the note pad so you don't lose it, then go to the theme you want it on and paste that url or link the current theme section the theme you want it on, or is that double talk LOL!

anyway please let know how it goes!

Please note that if is to big it's not gonna look good

regards,
max

Sorry Max but Technician doesn't have a place for the logo url, like some others skins do..

Ron..

Maxx

Ron....OK,

I'll look at your site tomorrow, but you'll need to maybe get me in as temp admin, but you can PM this info to me and I'll look at it then, it's getting to late for this old man!

reason being I don't have this theme installed anywhere, I have too many of my own installed. maybe if you activate the them tomorrow I can see what's what with out logging in the admin!

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

OK rod I found it on t  your front page drop down:

the banner you have will need to be placed in the folder:
it will need to be named "logo.png" or change the name in the index.css to match the banner name, would be best!
something like this:
#logo a {    background: url("../images/img/logo.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);    cursor: pointer;    display: block;    height: 52px !important;    left: 20px;    position: absolute;    top: 1.8em;    width: 196px !important;}
File location via FTP: technician/images/img/logo.png

But first you need to take it off photobucket.
save to your desk top> up load to you folder mentioned above, but shorten the name!

hxxp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/RonMB/Logos/where20friends20meetjpg.jpg

Hope this helps,

If you need anything plz let me know!

Oldcrow

Quote from: Maxx on Feb 20, 14, 08:23:25 PM
Ron....OK,

I'll look at your site tomorrow, but you'll need to maybe get me in as temp admin, but you can PM this info to me and I'll look at it then, it's getting to late for this old man!

reason being I don't have this theme installed anywhere, I have too many of my own installed. maybe if you activate the them tomorrow I can see what's what with out logging in the admin!

regards,
Maxx

Maxx where do you get this stuff.."Old" Maxx this Saturday I'll be turning 76 years old, now that is "old"

Ron..

PS I seen the bottom post I'll do this sometime in the morning and let you know how it turned out..Almost 12 midnight, the dog is in bed already..

Oldcrow

Maxx I followed the instructions, maybe I went wrong somewhere not sure..

Here are the files:
#header {
   position: relative;
   height: 135px;
   overflow: hidden;
   background: url(../images/img/headerbg.png) repeat-x scroll center top transparent;
}
#head-r {
   background: url(../images/img/headerr.png) no-repeat right top transparent;
}
#head-l {
   background: url(../images/img/headerl.png) no-repeat left top transparent;
}
#logo a {
   position: absolute;
   top: 1.8em;
   left: 20px;
   display: block;
   width: 410px !important;
   height: 85px !important;
   cursor: pointer;
   background: url(../images/img/logo(2).png) no-repeat;
}

Went into the filezilla and installed the logo(2).png logo

I also changed the size to 410 x85 for the Logo..

This is all done on a Test Board first..

Is there a simple way of installing the files for the URL image to be installed via the Admin.panel of the forum..would be much simpler..

Attachment of the Logo..

Maxx

Ronald Please have a look, if you don't like the border I can take it out,

Regards,
Maxx

Oldcrow

Quote from: Maxx on Feb 21, 14, 04:01:40 PM
Ronald Please have a look, if you don't like the border I can take it out,

Regards,
Maxx

I have been on there for the last couple of hours, never noticed it, until I checked in here..Then went back and did a hard refresh and up it came..

Love it Maxx, great, thanks.

Ron..

Maxx

Good deal Friend,
U R welcome!!!!!
anything Please let me know But plz give me time, I'm busy doing themes and some code :)

regards,
Maxx