Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Crip Zone is now Mobile friendly

Started by maxx, Apr 22, 15, 12:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxx

Yes, Now Google is setting A New proposed ranking system for mobile friendly website:
And CripZone Is Now made comparably on the Google tools site! please view screen below.

This is New mod from SMF for Ver 2.0 + sites real cool keep in mind it's beta so check out the SMF support topics on this!

ZarPrime

Someone asked about one of Bloc's themes being mobile friendly over at TP and Ichbin replied with this response ...

Quote from: IchBin™ on Apr 17, 15, 11:11:50 AM
I haven't kept up on the details of Bloc's themes, but I'm wondering if his impulse theme was even made with mobile in mind? Regardless, I think google is only looking for this tag to be in the <head> of the theme.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

Put that somewhere before the </head> tag in the index.template.php file. See if that helps.

That seemed to improve the user's page rank quite a bit.

maxx

Jim yes you need this tag, but that not all you need the mod from SMF, I will attach it here.
Then they need to check the same way I did. And most of Bloc's new themes are responsive as far I can tell. I'll get More details soon!

The mod has it own images also, and not all themes are compatible with this .. during this week I'll be working a few sites to clean up the code and this will be one of them... I've been working toward this type thing for a few years and no one would any attention to me, now Google, is cracking the whip. and Bloc as been also hard at this we had discusses this several times.

This mod is for 2.0 + the 2.1 core2 theme is already mobile friendly as long as I've test the beta.

Note for support and reports please visit or Go to SMF site!

regards,
Maxx

ZarPrime

Yeah, I have started reading up on some of these new tags myself as I find the time. Good link here --> https://css-tricks.com/snippets/html/responsive-meta-tag/

maxx

That is some of the stuff we've been testing and using for at two years now

Scrubmeister

I just checked this site out with my smart phone. Shows as in screen shot but that isn't right?

Does not show any forum posts only the left column of Recent posts.

maxx

Scubby,

As I mentioned many times in the past there is no way to make the 2.0.+ completely responsive as long it has a board.index.template and  using tables and the use of portals and mods. they would need to do a complete rewrite of the 2,0+ and that's not gonna happen! :(

This is just to please the google ranking system that they are implementing now! :)

The SMF 2.1 core2 theme is responsive and works well with Ezportal that we working on!
in short if they say it good then we get indexed, if not who knows!

Certain parts and page will be responsive on their own with things hanging on the side panels

Bloc is working theme that are responsive, but may still the issue of portals mods getting it way.

I have been working on this stuff for years.
regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

I"m guessing its the portal that is messing that up. Does it work for sites without portal?

Not sure the current mod as it works here will satisfy Google?

Another option might be Tapatalk. Not sure it satisfies the new search matrix though?

maxx

QuoteAs I mentioned many times in the past there is no way to make the 2.0.+ completely responsive as long it has a board.index.template and  using tables and the use of portals and mods. they would need to do a complete rewrite of the 2,0+ and that's not gonna happen!

Scrubmeister

Sound like the site needs to be mobile friendly not responsive?

There is a couple of mods out there but I don't know if they would work for a site with a portal.