Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 324
Total: 324

Your Theme and adding Mods, a consideration

Started by Maxx, Oct 08, 10, 12:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Please remember that whenever you add a mod to your site that those mods are set up to install to your SMF default theme only!

So what ever BBC, RSS, Share Icons, css styles and such will need to be added individually to each theme you are using.

So what I recommend is that you, install all the mods you will be using, then Via FTP, download those file folders from the default curve theme to you local drive, then add them to each theme you have installed to your community. ( not the complete default theme, just the icons and images and related style file or files).

The same goes for like the TinyPortal, TPShout.css, this should be installed to every theme you are planing to use, so you may then change the background and border colors to hi-lite the text on some darker themes so that text or font are easily viewed. and as a reminder the TPShout can also scroll and is adjustable!

I'll be giving you all some more tips as they come to mind and time permits, this way you will not need to ask or wait when times are busy, to get the answers!

regards,
Maxx

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.