Total: 232

coal black and back n black

Started by Roach, Apr 01, 12, 12:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

gonna need to stretch it i reckon..?
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Roach

ok im sorry, i wasn't having a problem with centering the image in bnb, BUT I APPRECIATE THAT STILL... (sry caps) it is when someone is using a lesser resolution than 1680x1050 that the image stretches beyond the content.

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Roach

here is ss of 1680x1050 and a lesser resolution

i dont mind changing forum to full width but im just trying to get the image and the content to stay in proportion at all resolutions

[attachment deleted by admin]

Crip

go ahead Maxx , lunch time 4 me.

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

This is a way that will work... Now what you need is to add some code above the body code in the index.css
something like this will work!

html{
   background: url(../images/theme/background.jpg) no-repeat 50% 0px #565656;
}

You will need to make your image smaller than it is and match the background color.... what this will do is keep that background ( you Logo dead center, now matter what resolution they use, but it needs to like I said be made smaller around 1000px more or less! ( so some trial and error is in order here to accomplish this!
but keep in mind that anything under 1000px will be distorted is size, maybe you would consider 950 px os so! for the smaller monitors ( square type) hope this make pennies!
regards,
Maxx

Roach

my index has it this way

body
{
   background: #383838 url(../images/myback.gif);
   font: 95%/90% Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
   margin: 0;
   padding: 20px 0 4px 0;

you want me to put

html{
   background: url(../images/theme/background.jpg) no-repeat 50% 0px #565656;

above that right?

being in the center isnt the problem tho that im having...  Is this going to take off the animation?

Oh ya i want the whole background to match the images background color,  but i dont know what you mean by, match the background color

Maxx

Make and Keep a back up of your index.css first!!!!

You will need to change to code to call the image (that you are using url("../images/1_06_02_11_2_39_54.gif") no-repeat #383838;

so it should look like this:

html{
   background: url(../images/1_06_02_11_2_39_54.gif") no-repeat #383838; 50% 0px #565656;
}

and from the image fold that you have logo in!!!

but remember this will not re-size your image that's got to be done by you or maybe later today I can play with that image and see if I can re size it for you!
I'll be back later got to go now!

regards,
Maxx

ZarPrime

If you look for "#mainframe" in this file --> http://www.mohhellraisersclan.com/forums/Themes/BacknBlackRC4/css/index.css?rc4

... and change the width below that to 96%, it looks fine for me with a screen resolution of 1280 X 1024.  Best I can tell you.  If you want to plan for resolutions less than that, you'd probably need to make the image smaller (not as wide).

Oh, and yes, if you edit the image, the animation might be gone if you don't use the right software to make it smaller.

ZarPrime

Maxx

Thanks Jim, and it looks like your image is in this directory or folder:

forums/gallery/1_06_02_11_2_39_54.gif

I have a Animation editor, if you do let me know in the evening and I will give it a go!

regards,
Maxx