Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 520
Total: 520

redzone88 smf 2.0 rc4

Started by Roach, May 30, 12, 10:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Ezportal basically uses the Themes CSS calls, it inherits most everything! You may be able to change backgrounds but you need to dig into the Ezporta file for that, don't want get too involved in that, However I'malways looking at way to change TP's looks, not that I don't it it just many use it and I'd like to work with matching it to my themes.. Ha Ha! :)

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

roach... if you send me temp admin via PM , I'll have a look at your site's ezblocks, and see what's up..... please let me know what all is wrong?

regards,
Maxx

Roach

Thanks guys, everything i believe is in the index.css, And i got this all pretty much done now...have a look...
The only few remaining things is i want to put some space between the blocks vertically in the left column to try and even the left and center columns better.
Also the first block on left contains menu items and i think i want to make them buttons with bigger font.

Th back grounds i finally solve, but then i had some dark text... I went crazy turning EVERYTHING black for a minute lol,,,but now i have solved that as well the texts there are now white and show up perfect....

Crip

Roach => Why not go for Tiny\portal (TP) ? ...You'd love it bro like I do. :P
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

Good going friend and looks like your picking this stuff up just find, and like Crips says, there is allot of good to get out of "TP" and we are working  Brad, Jim and I on improving the looks and feel of TP as we speak.... I play with the CSS and image and Jim plays with the code them we take it to the top... Jim does and see what happens....TP is great and we are trying better all the time!
OBTW we get many ideas from Jeff here also if you know this GUY LOL!
regards,
Maxx

Crip

TP is like:  :bf:
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Roach

well i was extremely retarded when i set up the site. all i knew is that i wanted this e-arcade because i had that on another site that was setup already... so to have that i had to have smf.
I ended up having someone at the e-arcade install my whole site...
so im not sure about changing to TP because im still semi-retarded.. haha (sarcasticly speaking)

I think what i have to do about the menu links on the left is remove the exportal ezblock menu...and replace it with a ezportal html ez block and put the coding for buttons instead...
That block is like an application that makes the menu for you, you just name the shortcut and put in the link.  I can put an html block or php block instead to code in the menu

Hey if i learn faster, are there any employment opportunities with you guys? (hehe) I mean if i go from semi-retarded to noob thats a big step lol

Maxx

Nah we all work for free here to support those whom care to learn, We do for the love of the game you know!

Glad your picking it up that helps to keep going!

regards,
Maxx

Roach

yea i know was silly question...  :2funny:  :uglystupid2:

Edit: Ok yes what i said  was right. I deleted the ez menu block and put in an ez html block instead, so for the menu items i can control the font size much easier. After doing that i discovered much more control options than I ever knew it had...from backgrounds to padding and margins all kind of stuff, however the index.css does overwrite the font color of all links.

Now my menu links are bigger, my background is all black all the fonts colors show up, my logo image is how and where i wanted it, id say, you guys did great helping me... peace