Users: 0
Guests: 293
Total: 293

Flagarant Width Edit, Logo Issues, and Board Icon Issues

Started by Lucutious, Oct 31, 10, 03:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucutious

Greetings,

I hope this will be something simple that I'm missing.

I did a fresh install of SMF1.1.11 and Timyportal - those are the only 2 mods.

I removed all of the themes except the default and Flagarant.  Flagarant will be locked for all of my users.

I managed to change the logo in the CSS file, but I would like to make the forums a bit wider if possible so the full picture shows.  I know it's a huge picture, it's what we want.

Can you tell me how to make the forums wider?  If possible, I would like them to be percentage based, with a minimum size.  If that is too difficult, then jsut a set size, centered, would be wonderful.

Thank you for your time.

Also,

For what it's worth, thank you Crip and any others who have helped with TinyPortal for all this time.  I absolutely love TinyPortal, and your contributions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

Lucutious

Whoops, I forgot to add a link to the site:

http://www.harmswayguild.com

If needed I can provide admin log-in information.

Crip

hi,
in your Style.css change the below to the Width you want :

#wrapper {
width: 980px;     <======== Change to / 90% .. or whatever .. ==========>
min-width: 720px;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 0;
}
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Lucutious

Thank you very much Crip, that's exactly what the doctor ordered!

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Lucutious

Obligatory Information:
SMF 1.1.11
1. MCLegendII.2 3.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. OS & Browser Detection 1.5   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Custom Form Mod 1.6   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. TinyPortal 1.101   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

Crip, I seem to be having 2 more errors that I can't seem to fix.

The first one deals with the error logs, here's the error log that I get.  These errors occur every time I use the error log, ironically.

Check all 
   Website Administrator   Today at 12:18:09 AM 
*EDITED IP*     6f6fac9e2ad9073aebaab3ed50215d79 
http://harmswayguild.com/index.php?action=viewErrorLog;desc 
8: Use of undefined constant HWDKP - assumed 'HWDKP'
*EDITED PATH*/Themes/flagrant1111/index.template.php (eval?)

Website Administrator   Today at 12:18:09 AM 
*EDITED IP*     6f6fac9e2ad9073aebaab3ed50215d79 
http://harmswayguild.com/index.php?action=viewErrorLog;desc 
8: Use of undefined constant HWforum - assumed 'HWforum'
*EDITED PATH*/Themes/flagrant1111/index.template.php (eval?)

Also, the images that sit next to the boards in Flagarant are messed up.  For boards that have no posts everything looks right.  Once a board gets a post, it looks wonky.  Here's a screenshot to show you what I mean:  (If needed I can/will provide an admin login for you to use.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maxx

I think you need to make your wrapper width wider to correct the icon problem! looks like the text wrap is throughing your table/dev rows out of whack. Try increasing the wrapper size as Crip mentioned above, and if you do this you will also need to increase the width of your header image in aspect to the height! using Photo shop or FW, if you need help with the image let me know and I'll try to change the size for you, but will need to know the correct width you set the forum wrapper to>

regards,

Maxx

Crip

Your Forum ons/offs at 90% WiDth Pic::

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Lucutious

Quote from: Maxx on Nov 01, 10, 06:45:47 AM
I think you need to make your wrapper width wider to correct the icon problem! looks like the text wrap is throughing your table/dev rows out of whack. Try increasing the wrapper size as Crip mentioned above, and if you do this you will also need to increase the width of your header image in aspect to the height! using Photo shop or FW, if you need help with the image let me know and I'll try to change the size for you, but will need to know the correct width you set the forum wrapper to>

regards,

Maxx

I see.  Well, the image could stay the same size it is now, set the forums to 90% or 95%, but then the login stuff would peek out the upper right side, and the news fader would peek out the left side.  Additionally, the image isn't natively centered.

Would it just be easier for me to find and strip out the code for the pieces I don't care about and then center the image with the wrapper at 90% or 95%?

Lucutious

Crip, I just looked at your attachment and the images even moved up in yours.

I went ahead and set the forums at 95% with a min-width of 1040px, and confirmed that the issue is still there.  I'm honestly not sure what's causing it.  I thought it was perhaps due to my large username, but even Wyzz's post comes up like that.

I think at this point I want to keep the forums wider regardless of any fix to the board images.  My new issues are as follows:

1) The image needs centered, not left aligned.  I tryed changing a couple things in the .css, but didn't find teh right place.  I tried position: centered, and I also tried to add float: centered, to no avail.

2)  I need to find a way to remove the userarea, my-avatar, and news.  (I think those are the 3 sections that need to go away.

3)  I think the image issue is a bit more complicated than what I thought.  (I, like maxx, thought it would just need some tables tweaked.)  I've attached 2 more images.  The first one is a new screenshot of mine, with the forums set to 95%.  The second one is crip's image.  Both of them I used my highly skilled editing knowledge to use microsoft paint and draw a green line directly through the center of the image, so it could be seen in relation to the title of the boards.  In my image, only the forums that have been posted in have the image higher than what would be expected.  In crip's image, that's not necessarily the case. 

I think with enough time and patience, perhaps a few cusswords and a scotch or two, I can fix number 1 and 2.  3 has me scratching my head.

On a completely side topic, crip may I engage private conversation with you?  I have an idea that may make all of the work on this theme moot.  I/we are interested in a custom theme for the website, but I'd like to get the details to you privately.  Our decision will depend on your quote, honestly.

I have edited the OP's topic so it is more clear regarding the contents of the thread.