Users: 0
Guests: 511
Total: 511

Flagrantly Assistance

Started by mudskipper, Aug 23, 12, 11:15:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudskipper

Heys guys,

Thanks for the replies.  For some reason I was looking fo the theme thread to show a new post, but it showed to the right and I just saw it lol...  Ok, so that I am not confused here.

@max, what you proposed was to just move the logo correct?  I know how to do that already as I have moved it around alot trying to get it to work on all screen resolutions.

@Crip, what I see in yours appears to be what I am looking for as it will make the logo "float" and center depending on what media type you are using to view the forum correct?

Also, I saw that I have to install another mod for the PM attachment feature, thanks.  I have gotten a view other bugs/issues.  If you can look at them, it would be great.

1. In my last theme, when a new member registered, it showed up with a message in the info at the top right by my avatar.  This one doesnt and it takes several steps when I get the email to get to it.

2. When a new post has been put up in a thread, the emble lights up next to it on the main forum page.  once you got to one though, it is no longer lite even though there are other new posts in the same forum in different threads.

3.  On the quick reply, there is no attachment option. ( would this be cured with the pm attachment mod)?

4. On the main reply, you can't add a poll until after the topic is posted.

5. On any reply feature, the spell check doesnt work.

6. I cant figure out how to do away with the titles under users names (i.e. hero member, senior member)  I just want the moderator, admin, and vendor titles there.

Thanks again guys...

Crip

Skipper ,
I wIil get back to you ASAP!
  • I haven't forgot you.
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

Well.... its not just moving it around it centering it on the page, so that no matter what, it centered, unless, the image is so big that it overflows on 800X600 resolution that is only used  by the obsolete monitors> centered equals centered!

and if you like better you may also consider using the image as a header type centered background, if your logo is a transparent .png format. another way of displaying a background image is to use the 50% comment in the background statement!

background: url("../images/theme/logo.png") no-repeat 50% transparent;

regards,
Maxx

mudskipper

Maxx,

My image is a .png file and its it 500 X 110 pixels.  My problem is on my monitor (24") the image is all the way left, however some people looking at the site on a phone and they are saying that the logo covers the avatar and new post link to the right  (it does not do this on my phone).  I may just leave it alone as it may be a setting on their phone?

Maxx

I use a 24" a 19'' and 15'' when testing. I also have an Android phone but, don't worry too much over this, because is can be zoomed in and out! and on the phone the import thing is content and the name of course of your site!

But if you image is in a reasonable size, and is centered properly there should not be an issue, I'd think!

regards,
Maxx

mudskipper

Yeah, I have an android and a laptop (not sure of monitor size 15"?) that I used and it looks fine on those.  I will check with them, just thought maybe the center floating would work across all platforms and I wouldnt have to worry.

Crip

..Thanks Maxx .. is everything sorted here now??

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

mudskipper

Quote from: Crip on Sep 25, 12, 12:35:08 PM
..Thanks Maxx .. is everything sorted here now??

Crip,

Just the logo and pm attachment are taken care of.  I am still wondering about the following:

1. In my last theme, when a new member registered, it showed up with a message in the info at the top right by my avatar.  This one doesnt and it takes several steps when I get the email to get to it.

2. When a new post has been put up in a thread, the emble lights up next to it on the main forum page.  once you got to one though, it is no longer lite even though there are other new posts in the same forum in different threads.

3.  On the quick reply, there is no attachment option. ( would this be cured with the pm attachment mod)?

4. On the main reply, you can't add a poll until after the topic is posted.

5. On any reply feature, the spell check doesnt work.

6. I cant figure out how to do away with the titles under users names (i.e. hero member, senior member)  I just want the moderator, admin, and vendor titles there.

Thanks again guys...

Crip

Most of that stuff is  in your SMF Permissions + Settings I do believe..

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

mudskipper

When you say SMF permission.  Are you talking something with in the FTP?