Users: 0
Guests: 121
Total: 121

Back n Black issue

Started by taintedsnowqueen, Nov 10, 12, 10:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taintedsnowqueen

Back-n-Black Error

First, let me say that I love your themes. They are clean, the colors don't make my eyes bleed, and the font doesn't make me feel blind (while at the same time not being so small that you have to use the zoom function on the browser). You make some of my favorite SMF themes.

Now, my issue... and I apologize if this has been fixed on your site – I downloaded mine from http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/. It may have even been something I did while editing the theme, but I doubt it, since my edits were made much higher than this. (And it's odd, because the test theme does not have the same issue.)

I'm currently using the "Back-n-Black" theme, and I've isolated a bit of an error. When replies were added to a topic, each reply seems to break the layout a bit. Each reply is rendered further and further outside the "bodyarea" div. After some hunting, I've found and isolated the issue, but I figured you should know about it.

Now, I'm not sure what line# this is supposed to start on, as I have modified some code above it and added chunks of code, so I have (hopefully) supplied enough of the surrounding code that you can find the issue as well. :)

Display.template.php:
// Show the member's signature?
if (!empty($message['member']['signature']) && empty($options['show_no_signatures']) && $context['signature_enabled'])
echo '
<div class="signature" id="msg_', $message['id'], '_signature">', $message['member']['signature'], '</div>';

echo '
</div>
</div>
</div>';
}

echo '
</form>';
echo '
</div>
<a id="lastPost"></a>';

Should read:

// Show the member's signature?
if (!empty($message['member']['signature']) && empty($options['show_no_signatures']) && $context['signature_enabled'])
echo '
<div class="signature" id="msg_', $message['id'], '_signature">', $message['member']['signature'], '</div>';

echo '
</div>
</div>';
}

echo '
</div>
</form>';
echo '
</div>
<a id="lastPost"></a>';

Notice the div in the third to the last echo has been moved to the beginning of the second to the last. It prevents the bodyarea div (on first reply/loop), and any divs before it (on subsequent replies/loops) from being ended because of the loop when there is a reply. (Did that make sense? Sometimes what I say only makes sense to me).

Again, thanks for the awesome themes! :)

Tainted Snow Queen

Crip

Thanks for the info.. :)

Demo Link :::  http://www.jpr62.com/demos/index.php?theme=32

[..edit..]
Updated Zip with all new [ Templates ]
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/?lemma=126
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.