News:

Keeping Crip's dream alive is our mission! :)

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,749
  • Total Topics: 1,374
  • Online today: 346
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

Vintage

Started by Cycle, Jan 06, 13, 09:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

So if he does go with 2.0 , he'd have to find him another Theme , "Vintage" is very old , & not on my 1.1 updated list of Themes..

Crip~
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

We always recommend upgrading for those purposes, but some do not want to changes their custom stuff like mods and themes etc. Not to mention we offer to help them upgrade!!

But he can fix his problem for now with a mod. then take his time to upgrade.

I agree upgrading is the best way, but... that's us! lol!

Heck I'm making themes for the 2.1 version already, I'm always looking forward and not back >>N

regards,
maxx

Crip

True Maxx ,
===>so , it's really Cycle call on this..

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Scrubmeister

With all the great themes Crip turns out regularly there must be something he would like?  :)

Yes, upgrading can be a lot of work.  :P

Crip

Quote from: Scrubmeister on Jan 08, 13, 09:24:16 PM

But really worth it in the long run..

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

GhostRider2110

Quote from: Crip on Jan 09, 13, 07:59:43 AM
Quote from: Scrubmeister on Jan 08, 13, 09:24:16 PM

But really worth it in the long run..

:gp:

Yes, I can attest to both those statements!!!!   :laugh:

See-ya
Mitch

Cycle

Thank you for all your input Crip, Maxx, and members. I haven't replied because I was in the middle of an ISP change over, at home.

Well I couldn't seem to make the KeyCaptcha merge onto the site. I believe downloaded it properly, however I couldn't seem to install it...  I was able to make a different Mod load up and curve some of the Spambots... I somehow managed to load up "Social networks profile block" which seem to take care of most of the Russian, Ukraine, and some Chinese registrants. It probably curbed over 80% of the sign-ups.. It went from 20-30 registrants twice daily down to 10-15 a day.

Unfortunately I'm no internet programmer/code writer, so as for making a changeover to 2.0 I'd be a little lost in the dark. I wouldn't be against learning, I'm just not sure I'd want to wipe out the current site trying to Hack Up an installation attempt of  2.0.   :crazy2:

I haven't looked at any of the current themes because we were happy with the "Vintage" theme, and it's color Green/Black was the reason for being chosen.

If I knew enough about color and it's coding and how that works I could probably be happy with any number of Crips themes, or possibly a default theme if I had the ability to change the color and header to match what we have now. I am partial to Crips theme, they tend to some of the nicest available.

Most of the reason for not switching/upgrading software was from past conversations with the original fellow who set the site up. I was always stuck on the look of the "Vintage" theme and later as the SMF software changed, and mods became cooler and more accessible the things I wanted to add in some cases weren't supported by the older software or weren't going to merge with the "Vintage" theme without major code writing etc...  At least that is how I grasped the conversations between him and I on the subject of adding newer mods to our theme etc.

There are other things that didn't pan out as far as progress and mods to our site, but what I've listed above are the basics of my dilemmas...  :)

Thanks,
                                                                Cycle

Maxx

Say,

Friend if you are happy, then so are we, got to stick with what works for you the 1,17 is stable version of SMF and if you've cut down on the spammers that's a big plus> Thanks for getting back and letting know what you decided and, that will mark this thread as complete!

Anything else.... Just ask!

regards,
Maxx and the Zone team!

Crip

Cycle ,
u upgrade to 2.0 , i'll update "Vintage Theme" 4  U =// 2.0 //..just a thought..

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

ZarPrime

It's really not that difficult to upgrade SMF from 1.1.x to 2.x.  Just make sure you've got backups of everything, the site and the database.

Quote from: Crip on Jan 20, 13, 08:10:50 AM
                               Cycle ,
u upgrade to 2.0 , i'll update "Vintage Theme" 4  U =// 2.0 //..just a thought..

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. O0