Users: 0
Guests: 499
Total: 499

Firerock Theme

Started by dan alba, Jan 25, 13, 03:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan alba

Hey Crip,

I'm glad you've stuck around all these years and developed some of the nicest themes I've seen and used. I ran a website for about 5 years, but became exhausted with all the work needed to maintain it, and eventually shut it down...

It's too bad, it was a nice site, but everything happens for a reason. Now I'm back, but a little rusty and I need some help.

I'm using your Firerock theme on SMF 2.0.2 (with TP), and although I've looked through other threads here on your site, I still can't figure out a few things and hope you can help.

Here's a list of things I need to update/change:

1. I need to delete/remove a couple of the buttons on the menu under the logo. Can you point me in the right direction for this?

2. I would like to add the Calendar to this same menu. Can you advise what code I can use for this? Fixed.

3. On the main forum page (index.php?action=forum), I'd like to change the "New Posts" & "No New Posts" icons. Is this something you can help with? If I recall correctly, there may be a mod for this on SMF's website, but I thought I'd ask you first since the Firerock theme is your baby. Fixed.

4. When you click on the the "New Posts" & 'No New Posts" buttons, they direct you to "unread topics since last visit" page. I'd like to change this redirect so that when clicked, they instead direct you to the intended board (i.e: index.php?board=1.0, index.php?board=2.0, etc.). Is this something you can do, or should I seek support for this at SMF? Fixed.

That's all I have for now, believe it or not, I still have a lot more work to do, besides the fact that I also need content for the site.  :buck2:

Thank you in advance.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Crip

hi,
i really can't help you with , your talking about a lot of different stuff , that has nothing to do with Theme / FireRock unless you have errors you didn't mention above?
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

dan alba

Hey Crip,

No, no errors. Thought I'd come to the right place to talk about those modifications though. No worries, I'll look elsewhere.

Thanks.

dan alba

Hey Jeff,

Sorry to bother, I didn't mention this previously, but the text on the top right hand corner doesn't match the rest of the website...

Is this something you can help me with, or point me in the right direction?

Crip

Yes ,
=> we can help you with that part , can you let us have a link-to-site-theme.. ??

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

dan alba

Hi Jeff, thanks. The site is not live right now, until I finish up with design and modifications...I sent you the link to the site via PM, but did you want to see the template?

Crip

i looked at it , that's really easy to fix , {index.template.php} is one place and the other in the css/index.css

..I can fetch you the code to change / remove these two things.

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Crip

...wait , can you ATTACH your index.template.php & css/index.css ??

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

dan alba

thanks for getting back to me so fast. attached are both files.

Crip

Here you go Dan==> try these both , just upload and over-wright the ones already there ::
..should look better , if not will try something else..

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.