Guests: 479
Total: 479

Top & Bottom Banners On BlackBox Theme

Started by Keybird, Nov 11, 10, 06:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

Another good mod for placing ads and html, is the global header and footer mod, you can place like google ads, on the the top and bottom of all page in the forum.

One other is to place ads in you New Headlines, you can add them to the top center and they will rotate and or fade in and out, It the news fader, can be activated through some themes, and you can set the tim/speade of fade, ( note make certain the ads are the same size, so the area does not open and close too much!

Both the above will except html and script banner codes! and you can place text and or banner ads!

regards,
maxx

Keybird

Willemjan,Maxx >>> I appreciate both of your great support regarding my issue with big hand. :up:

I tried the Ad Mod,advised by Willemjan. but it was showing only the header ad. So I installed the Ad Management Mod. It also the same. Only showing the header ad.

Now I will try Maxx's method and come back here again with the results. 

O0
Best,
KeyBIRD.

Keybird

Dear Maxx,
Global Header And Footer Mod is working fine for my issue. O0 Big thanks to you friend.

I failed to find the download link of other mod, mentioned by you. So I didn't test it. Any way I'm really satisfied with the present condition.
:up:
Best,
KeyBIRD.

willemjan

Well the mod I suggested does have the option to place a banner near the footer. Oh well, I guess your ok now :).

I'm glad I could be of any assistance

Maxx

Quote from: Keybird on Nov 11, 10, 10:32:17 PM
Dear Maxx,
Global Header And Footer Mod is working fine for my issue. O0 Big thanks to you friend.

I failed to find the download link of other mod, mentioned by you. So I didn't test it. Any way I'm really satisfied with the present condition.
:up:
Best,
KeyBIRD.

Ok,
The News and Newsletters is part of the SMF system package;
Click on Admin > News and Newsletters > in the Open Form Field you may add your Banner code for the first banner, then add more after that, try to keep them all the same size I recommend 468x60.> then your will need to go to Admin Current theme > then active News fader in the theme your are using!

Please keep in mind that this will only work on the top of the center pages, but will display your Text and or Image Banners randomly!

So this will be good for sponsor ads and you may then place the G00gle ads at the bottom only with the Global header/Footers mod!
You may also place in the News fader the Site news and instruction etc.

Also Note that on some themes the news thing will appear in the header / user area so you may have to change some css positioning code to get it working there and in some cases even do away with that user info. so keep this in mind.

regards,
Maxx