News:

We have *Free* SMF 2.0 & 2.1 Themes for Download and Support!

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,749
  • Total Topics: 1,374
  • Online today: 253
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

Whitebox

Started by pastorvictor, Feb 17, 13, 09:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pastorvictor

Hello,

I would very much like if there could be a division or a different color between the user's profile in each post and the post itself.

I am attaching an example.........you'll see that the first half is from the member list. The avatar is separated from the information and the background of both sections is different.
The second half is from a post. You'll notice that I installed a mod that sort of does this for me, but it really only adds a light grey background to the user profile BUT it doesn't spread to the length of the post itself. I'm not sure I like this.

Would it be possible to have the same effect that's on the member list, on the posts?

I really like this theme. It's actually my forum's default theme and my users can't change it. I even designed my logo's colors after the theme's colors. Even if this can't be done, I'd still keep it, but I thought it was worth a shot to ask.

Thanks in advance!

Crip

hi pastorvictor ,
..that prolly could be done from what i've saw from other Designers..but I've really never thought about it myself..
  •   just let my Co-Admin's take a read here & will see what their thoughts are..We will be getting back to you.
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

You could or have one of us change the back ground color and remove any borders from the poster area: something like this: in your theme's (index.css) file

.poster {    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;    border: 1px solid transparent;    float: left;    margin-left: 10px;    margin-right: 10px;    padding: 4px;    position: relative;    text-align: center;    width: 12em;    z-index: 49;}
Please note that it's not the same on your theme, but the first line is:

".poster"

the background can be changed to "transparent"or the color you desire, then you can remove the border line if you want.

Edit >>> I changed this one above so it should work or be very close to what you want!!!!

regards,
maxx

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

pastorvictor

Thanks, Maxx and Crip. I added it like this:

.post_wrapper
{
float:left;
width:100%;
}
.poster {    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;    border: 1px solid transparent;    float: left;    margin-left: 10px;    margin-right: 10px;    padding: 4px;    position: relative;    text-align: center;    width: 12em;    z-index: 49;}

.postarea, .moderatorbar
{
margin: 0 0 0 16em;
}

But I see no difference in the layout. Do I need to add something else?

------------

Actually, scratch that, I do see a difference: the avatar and the text are centered. The background is still the same as the rest of the post, though. I am attaching an image to show you.

Maxx

Your image shows the white box is gone?

that's what you asked for, isn't it?

If not we can work with this tomorrow :)

regards,
Maxx

pastorvictor

Oh, I'm sorry, I think I didn't explain myself well; the white box was kind of what I'm looking for, only that I want it for the whole "profile" section of posts - I didn't just want a box. The box was actually there because of a mod I installed. I do want there to be a different background in both parts of the post.

--------------

I started messing with the code you gave me and I kiiiiiinda got it to how I want it, but not really. I have attached an image of how it looks like with the following code:

.poster {    background: #f9f9f9 repeat 0 0;    border: 1px solid #dadada;    float: left;    margin-left: 2px;    margin-right: 2px;    padding: 2px;    position: relative;    text-align: center;    width: 2em;    z-index: 49;}

As you can see, the white background now extends to the length of the post, but the text is all messed up. This is the closest I've gotten to what I want.

pastorvictor

While we're in the subject of Whitebox, where in the CSS file would I edit the header so that the links look different than the regular text? It's been brought to my attention that the line "Please log in or register" doesn't look like it has links, so apparently our users have been using the menu buttons instead.

ZarPrime

Quote from: pastorvictor on Feb 19, 13, 12:09:54 AM
While we're in the subject of Whitebox, where in the CSS file would I edit the header so that the links look different than the regular text? It's been brought to my attention that the line "Please log in or register" doesn't look like it has links, so apparently our users have been using the menu buttons instead.

It would be better if you let us try to fix one problem before asking others, unless you put them in a different topic.  Anyway, for this problem ...

Code (Find this in the theme CSS file) Select
#userarea a:link, #userarea a:visited {
    color: #333333;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #DDDDDD;
}

Change #333333 to what ever you want it to be, like a dull orange would look like this ...

#userarea a:link, #userarea a:visited {
    color: #E17100;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #DDDDDD;
}

ZarPrime

ZarPrime

What Mod is this you are using?  I'm not really sure what you are trying to accomplish.  Can we see a link to your site and maybe a screenshot showing what it is you want?

ZarPrime