News:

Keeping Crip's dream alive is our mission! :)

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,737
  • Total Topics: 1,372
  • Online today: 229
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

Marine

Started by shadow, May 22, 13, 10:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadow

Crip, I am running the Marine theme on my forum... love the colors.  I want to run Simple Portal in standalone and create a home page.  I have beat myself up trying to make the upper portion (Header) of the Marine theme work in an html environment. In other words, I want the top of the web page to look like the forum from the menu bar up. I can get it to display but it doesn't line up or center or fill the page horizontally.

Is there a way to do this? I have had several people look at it with no luck. It appears that a good portion of the index.php file is needed to make it work correctly....

Hope I haven't confused you.... but if anyone knows how to do it, I'm sure you do.

You can view what I am trying to do here: http://www.northwest-reloaders.com/

Thanks up front for your best advice even if you don't have a solution...

Al

Crip

hi,
I  really do not know anything pertaining to a Home-Page for SimPortal ...  SP has no built in Home\Page??
if it was TinyPortal - we might could help you out..
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

shadow

Quote from: Crip on May 22, 13, 10:45:24 AM
hi,
I  really do not know anything pertaining to a Home-Page for SimPortal ...  SP has no built in Home\Page??
if it was TinyPortal - we might could help you out..

Okay, I get that..maybe i added stuff that isn't pertinent to my need.  Bottom line,  can you tell me how to create an HTML page that utilizes the very upper portions of the Marine Theme so it look like a user is in the same environment?

Crip

no , i'm sorry , perhaps SP has a solution?

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

shadow

Quote from: Crip on May 22, 13, 11:01:59 AM
no , i'm sorry , perhaps SP has a solution?

Jeff, I am sorry I brought up SP it is not an SP issue. Forget SP please...my bad.

It is actually just a matter of how to make an HTML page look and act like the forum page less categories and boards. The forum works from Index.php and I need some of the functionality in Index.html evidently. Is that possible? PLease view the link to see what I am referring to    http://www.northwest-reloaders.com/

Crip

Okay,
but as for me i can't do it ?..possibly Maxx my other Admin can help?

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

At this time I'm afraid the separate HTML front page is not an option on the SMF how ever, you can do an HTML page and link them back and forth or have some one custom to this for you, and if you have this done you should have more pages done as well like about us and contact and spare page.

But to have them match you theme it may be a bit tricky.
But like Crip mentioned you could do a Front page with TP but it, will be part of the forum system. but they can turn out nice!

If you care to request customer work we may could help, depending on what you need and how much you cooperate with us!

regards,
Maxx

Crip

Looks like you have it sorted shadow?

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

shadow

I got it almost done. I just need a little formatting to move some text down. Gotta finish it later today.  SP does support pages very well and when you put it in "Standalone " mode it changes the SMF "home" page to "Forum" and allows the "home" button to be the (index.html) button.  So the thing was solved by 2 more cups of coffee and a smile from my bride :smitten:....

Thanks

Al

By the way I use only Themes by Crip

Most people spend their life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem. Semper Fi

Crip

if your ['home'] tab doesn't light up is because it uses default: '?action=home
you can fix that here:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Buttons_-_How_do_I_add_buttons_to_SMF_2.0

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.