Users: 0
Guests: 197
Total: 197

Back n Black theme

Started by aura, Aug 22, 13, 10:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura

Crip

firstly thankyou for writing/coding such great themes, we are truly lucky to be able to use them.
i hope i am posting this in the correct place, i have read all the guidelines for your site and i hope its correct *S*
i set my smf up using your Back n Black theme, i have since put in my own off and on buttons, and background, and added adapted by aura to it, so if it looks really bad, folks dont think your slipping *S*
my question today is, i have a logo on the top of the forum, it sets in the area above where it says "hello aura" so basically its made that area larger that it would be normally, sorry i am a newbie, i have used smf for free which had a headers and footer section, so normally i could put the logo in the header and it would sit above the stylesheet on the background. Is there anyway i could do that? i had thought it would be good if i could make that area transparent, but i think that its called "catbg.gif" which would make all the others called that transparent also.
i hope this has made some sort of sense, i would be happy to post the forum addy so its clearer what my aussie talking is meaning LOL

thanks so much.

aura

Crip

hi,
& yes please post your link so we can see what ya mean?
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

aura

Crip
thankyou for such a fast reply

this is my site, http://elements-of-design.org/index.php im just getting it ready to open, im moving from an SMF for free site so i want it so the members feel like they are still home, which is why i wanted to put my logo up, background on and off buttons *S*

im the first to admit im learning lots *S*

Crip

ok thanks , nice looking Theme edits too.
..what is it exactly you need help with again please?

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

aura

i could never be a spammer, i cant get the verification letters right, then i lost my post *S* thanks about the theme edits
the logo at the top, that says elements of design, i would like for it to sit so its on the background and the boxes of the board start after it if that makes sense.
i hope i am explaining this a little better.

Crip

i still dunno what you mean Lol.. can you fix a screenshot for me to see?
==>if you want your big-logo in the Userarea it won't fit, cuz i've tried
but ya never know?..

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

aura

sorry i am blonde and aussie also LOL

i hope this ok, see here how i have the logo http://elementsofdesign.freesmfhosting.com/index.php

i would like it if on my new forum, http://elements-of-design.org/index.php  i could have the logo somehow like that.

i hope you dont have a naughty corner in here ....yikes

Crip

Kinda like this shot?
Pix:

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

aura

perfect yes, that is it *S*

aura

Crip so can it be done? sorry i posted to soon