Users: 0
Guests: 670
Total: 670

Can't change Orangeline logo...

Started by candyspan6, Dec 12, 10, 01:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

candyspan6

Quote from: Crip on Dec 12, 10, 02:32:00 PM
change your logo's name , may i have a [link] posted to your real logo?

Still not showing up  :-\

Here's the link to my logo:

file:///Users/deveren/Corpus%20Couture%20site/mygeniustrainer/forum/forum/Themes/Orangeline/images/logo.png

I think that's what you mean. It still isn't showing up and I can't figure out for the life of me what's wrong.  Thanks Max for the responses too... Any help is greatly appreciated - as always!

I changed the name, then I kept it the same. Nothing... Is your analysis theme only available for SMF RC, or can I use it for SMF 1.1.12?

Maxx

Candy,

I would recommend that you upgrade your SMF system and Crip will do this for small fee for you...soon it will be very hard to get support for the older versions.

According to your index.css, it is calling for an image called logo.png, as I stated in my first reply try to change the name of you image to logo.png and upload it to the "images/img/logo.png" as shown below:

If you are using SMF RC+

This from the Orangeline css:

But no need to change this code just for example!

#logo {
position: absolute;
float: right;
top: 0px;
right: 25px;
display: block;
width: 254px;
height: 43px;
cursor: pointer;
background: url(../images/img/logo.png) no-repeat;
}

As for the logo you are now working on, if you unzip the theme, you can look inside the style.css and find the name they are calling the logo ( orangeline.gif or what ever and name your logo the same! and make sure you load it to the correct path( this will also be in the CSS file)!

Regards,
Maxx

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Scrubmeister

Just checked and its showing the stock SMF theme right now.

A work in progress?

candyspan6

Hey all, I'm back... I've been trying everything, and for some reason nothing is working. Should I upgrade to RC 2.0? I thought that was only available in Europe for some reason. I can basically do everything, and have tried to rename pictures, change the size of the header and my picture to fit the current header. To no avail... Any idea as to why it's not working.

I guess now I'm going to try and change my SMF version, I just didn't think I would be able to. Is just a simple download etc?

Thank you for your continued help... Now I have Orangeline up with no logo, it's really driving me batty!  :uglystupid2:

Maxx

Candy although the Upgrade is not real hard, if you know how, It more than just a download... If you want PM me you admin log-in or create a temp one for me I'll try and see what your problem is on the logo?
I'll also need thee url of the site.   

The upgrade can be done later on! and could mess up your complete forum if not done correctly!

regards,
Maxx

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Crip

Quote from: candyspan6 on Dec 14, 10, 12:35:05 PM
Hey all, I'm back... I've been trying everything, and for some reason nothing is working. Should I upgrade to RC 2.0? I thought that was only available in Europe for some reason. I can basically do everything, and have tried to rename pictures, change the size of the header and my picture to fit the current header. To no avail... Any idea as to why it's not working.

I guess now I'm going to try and change my SMF version, I just didn't think I would be able to. Is just a simple download etc?

Thank you for your continued help... Now I have Orangeline up with no logo, it's really driving me batty!  :uglystupid2:
The link of your logo I wanted to see was like mine...

http://www.jpr62.com/theme/Themes/newcz/images/img/logo.png

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

Crip, her logo is in the images directory, found it but does not line up!

Candy can you upload a copy of you logo.gif so I can see what the problem is, or the psd would be best!

regards,
maxx

Crip

it must be exact Height / Width .. then adjust top: / left:

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.