Users: 0
Guests: 375
Total: 375

Blackrain simple question

Started by magyarkhan, Jul 19, 10, 12:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magyarkhan

Hey dear crip 

quit a story about your physical situation :o(  but perhaps besides God you may be strengthened by knowing you do a lot of good work.

I hope you can answer my question....  i wanted to know how i could change members welcome visiting the forum like Hey, Crip as it is now  [left up above the forum]  into something else like Hello, Crip

greetings   Joska from the Netherlands

Crip

You could probably use : languages/ThemeStrings to make it read what you want...
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

magyarkhan

well im a php noob but i have som programming experience......  the part where i looked is below in pink and if im correct the variable where its about is called $txt['hello_member'] which now generates for me if i log in "Hey, MagyarKhan" but if i want to change this into "Hello, MagyarKhan" what do i have to do?

Im fine if u dont respond to it   i can imagine that ur busy and this is sooo small... :)

// display user name
   echo '
      <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" >
         <tr>';

if($context['user']['is_logged'])
      echo '
            <td class="titlebg2" height="32">
               <span style="font-size: 110%;"> ', $txt['hello_member'], ' ', $context['user']['name'] , '</span>
            </td>';

ZarPrime

magyarkhan,

That pink color almost blew up my monitor. :o  It would have been easier to read if you had surrounded the code with code tags instead of changing the color of the text.  Do you understand what I mean by code tags?  That means that your code would have looked like this instead ...

// display user name
   echo '
      <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" >
         <tr>';

if($context['user']['is_logged'])
      echo '
            <td class="titlebg2" height="32">
               <span style="font-size: 110%;"> ', $txt['hello_member'], ' ', $context['user']['name'] , '</span>
            </td>';

In any case, the location of what you need to change depends on what version of SMF you are using.  If you are using SMF 2.0 RC3, you'll need to change the word "Hey," on line 184 in the following file ...
/Themes/default/languages/index.english.php

To do that, you will need to use your FTP client to download that file to your desktop, open it up and edit that line so that it has the word that you want to use.  For instance, find this line ...

$txt['hello_member'] = 'Hey,';

and change it to this ...

$txt['hello_member'] = 'Hello,';

Then you need to upload the edited file to the same location.  It might be a good idea to rename that file so that you have a backup of it.  For instance, rename it to ~index.english.php and then upload the file you edited.

ZarPrime

Crip

..   O0
thnks for your help Zar bro ..

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

magyarkhan

Got it working Guyz.... thx a lot   altho im aware that this is all new for me I will seek my way thru   by trial and error.....   and just came up with a new  more advanced problem...  :idiot2:

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

ZarPrime

Quote from: Crip on Jul 21, 10, 06:37:06 AM
..   O0
thnks for your help Zar bro ..

Sure thing Bro'. ;)

ZP