News:

We have *Free* SMF 2.0 & 2.1 Themes for Download and Support!

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,749
  • Total Topics: 1,374
  • Online today: 496
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 494
Total: 494

G Rock mod help

Started by impudent1, Jan 23, 11, 01:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

impudent1

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the G Rock theme from Tiny portal, but I can't seem to backtrack my way to how I got it. I wound up searching "Crip Themes SMF" to find my way here.

So down to brass tax. I have an installation of SMF 1.1.11 I have quite a bit of customization completed to add/enhance functionality to my site. What I need, and am too ignorant to figure out on my own...

I would like to add a button or two in the header, left of the userarea to link to a few upgrades. I run a home recording site, we've been online for just over a year, and I've been using G Rock since Nov. 2009 (2 days after installing the software). So... I'd be more than happy to take instruction on how to do this on my own, or I'll upload files here whatever you choose.

Shoot me a PM and I will link you to my site.

The most important bit of information: Crip, I love your work. I'd change themes often if I didn't do some hard coding without decent documentation.

Crip

Hi ,
i understand ,
i do not know where i could get an original Zip for G Rock Theme ..
it was only uploaded @ TP.Net & not SMF..
go ahead & , shoot me a PM - link
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

impudent1

I think I can get you a fairly unmodified version of G Rock. I am fairly certain that I kept copies of all original files in case I had a mishap. I'd be happy to zip it up and upload it, or give you a link to it.

Thanks for your help. PM's sent with the links. I have no problems giving you admin access to the forum either. I noticed one of the mods uses the forum for his band. He may be interested in some of the mods I've had completed.

impudent1

On a side note, did you guys know that the default time between searches is 220 seconds? I really did put my best foot forward, trying to find answers before asking questions.

Crip

i saw your site , & the other link=page --
if you have  a close to 'Out-The-Box' Copy Zip you can Attach it in this Thread .. be nice on RC4 :up:

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

impudent1

This is pretty close to the out of the box version. I've got a few spare files in here, some of which I'm unsure that I need, mainly off the root of the directory. The "art" folder has a few spare files in it as well, I change the banner frequently depending on whether we are having a music festival. or current events on the forum.

The extra php files are for mods that are currently functional. I didn't want to strip them out and break the theme. the original G-Rock guitar (the thing that hooked me on the theme) I have a copy of in my office.

** when you get this downloaded, let me know and I'll remove the attachment. I'd hate to be responsible for explaining and supporting something that I don't really have a grasp of**

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Crip

Hows this?
i can add #2 Link just below..is cool??

[attachment deleted by admin]

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

impudent1

That is absolutely perfect, above and beyond really!

Crip

Ok ..i need to read my Admin Account PM and we will add those Now. :up:

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.