Users: 0
Guests: 482
Total: 482

Black14k_TP theme and latest TP udate

Started by darkangel, Jan 25, 11, 03:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkangel

I just updated my stores forum to TP1.0RC1 and SMF 1.1.12

I was wondering what can be done with this theme. It is our sites default theme and although the smf default theme behaves...and this one behaves on the test site it got scruched/ compacted for lack of a better word...lol

http://fantasiesrealm.com/forum/index.php

I left the index.template.php file in there but the only way to get it to be full page like it was before the update was to remove it and use the smf default theme index file.

please tell me what I can do

Crip

hi darkangel, :)
old theme -- but what is it you wanna do and can't?
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

darkangel

old but wonderful theme...very classy

I want to make it full page again, like it used to be see this page:

http://thefantasiesattic.com/runes/index.php

that is my test forum and although right now the only thing it has installed right now is the smf and tp with all my themes intact...i had a bit of a problem installing the new tp...lol

I would like it to be full width like the test forum please...someone said that there is an extra <td> on each side but I could not find it and I even brought over the index.template.php, boardindex.php and the display.php from both the updated forum and the one I still have yet to update...but if this theme does not behave I will not update it...lol

Crip

i checked your Tp_right & TP_left Blocks / Panels .. and i got it full Width..

Pic::::::

[attachment deleted by admin]

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

darkangel

ok this is what it looks like when I go there with any browser i have

UPDATE----grrrrr

i tried again and am I stupid today...there are these little arrowheads in the nav bar...cute little gold things

I swear I never noticed them before but seems  they got turned to "off" so the darn thing would not expand sideways....now it is right on my browsers

sorry I am a mess

[attachment deleted by admin]

Crip

So was i seeing that narrow ..
i use FF & firebug , has tools to change stuff without touching the Forum..
i figure a few edits in the [index.template.php] it would stay Full Width..   

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

darkangel

i just checked my other forum and those little arrows are not there for collapsing the sides, the runes forum has only one on the left side but the market forum has the two on opposite ends...go figure

maybe the new update added something to the themes for that but at least it is full screen now and hope if it happens again I will remember what to do :crazy2:

Crip

it might have .. those <tables> & <td s> are ancient..Lol

I can look at it with A Temp. Admin Acccout .. if you wanna.?

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

darkangel

ok will pm you info, cause as it was pointed out to me...a newbie won't know to click those either

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

darkangel

sorry had to grab a bite to eat before my sugar got the better of me...lol

yes, you took off the little arrows, goodie

when I update the other one that still needs updating I may be back to have you dood it there too. or will I just be able to drop its file there?

thanks so much

Crip

your welcome ,

either way is OK .. (index.template.php) is all i need.

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

darkangel

ok i will more than likely attack it during the wee hours since that is when it is less busy then I will post the file here for your fine touch.

thanks again

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

ZarPrime

I'm glad you guys got this solved. O0 This all started over at the TP Support Site.

I know this theme is a very old one and, after I thought about it, I remembered when Crip made this theme and why.  This was not only one of the nicest themes that Crip ever did but it was actually a Gift of Love, if I recall.  If I recall correctly, G6, one of the TP Support people, had a son who was very sick and eventually had to have a heart transplant.  Crip made this theme for G6 and all proceeds from it went to pay some of the massive expenses that were building up for her.  Again, one of the greatest themes and one of the greatest gifts that I can ever remember.

ZarPrime

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

darkangel

It is gorgeous we love it to pieces.

well you would not believe the problems my sites give me to update...even with uninstalling all mods> uploading fresh files for smf and then the portal..some of them just won't behave...fighting with paypal mod and have to do the manual edits...but is it not behaving anyway..

gives me an error so going to redo it again.

all my menu add menu item links are back but all of my blocks with menus from before did not want to work so I went in and redid them all with bbc code...

we have quite a few older themes cause we like them and many are squished in the middle...but the work around is to use the default index.template.php and board.index and display php files not much difference so at least they will be full width.

here is the attic's index file to work your magic on. I hope it behaves. I seem to have lost our zip of this theme. I like to keep them for if I need pristine files and it is gone, must have been on the hard drive that died...do you still have it to download somewhere?

I have to add it in here cause there is no browse button for the attachments, then headed over to the tp forum to see if they can tell me how to get our default smilies for the shoutbox.

I guess not...lol I will need to put it in another reply...this is just not my year already.

Well it would not let me either so here is link

http://thefantasiesattic.net/DA/index-file.zip