Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 492
Total: 492

Legend R4 - Odd alignment issue

Started by emjay, Jan 25, 11, 07:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willemjan

Well that's odd... You won't receive help from me any more. Again get the copyright right!

Crip

the => /smf/ part is whats different
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

willemjan

Quote from: Crip on Jan 26, 11, 07:13:10 AM
the => /smf/ part is whats different

I noticed ;) I also noticed that on the /smf/ the images show, and on the /ind/ not.

emjay

Crip that's not the site we are going to be using, infact both of these are just test URL's to make sure everything works before we move it over. That was a clean install of SMF + tiny portal without the url i'm linking now is an upgrade of 1.1.2 with imported database.

I 100% assure you that your copyright will remain untouched on the main site, I really admire all the time an effort you have put in and will not discredit you.

willemjan

Its your decision Crip, should I help or not?

emjay

Look guys, I did not know removing the copyright was a big issue. It was not part of some big evil plan to upset or discredit your work Crip. I only did it because we have a lot of custom drawn art and other things on our forums/pages and wanted to note that is is copyrighted. I did not even think when I removed it that it may offend you.

I will make sure the final page on our main domain gives you full credit. Right now I just want to get this working so I can get our website updated with SMF2.0 since we are getting all kinds of issues with SMF 1.1.2/TP not showing our screenshots to people using chrome. This issue seems to be gone now in 2.0 plus your new theme however I now have this issue with the forum postings looking all out of whack.

If you are really that upset by the copyright thing then all I can do is say I'm sorry then move on and look for other themes since I simply can't seem to fix this issue without your help.

willemjan

Ok, fine. Now to help you I need this info:

Quote from: willemjan on Jan 26, 11, 06:50:29 AM
Show me some more examples please.

And some more info. When did it go wrong, what did you do before it went wrong, what mods do you have installed etc...
Quote from: willemjan on Jan 26, 11, 07:00:23 AM
I just tried the default theme on your site, and that shows fine. It must indeed be an theme issue... Could you attach your index.template.php

emjay

Hey there,

Mods installed : TinyPortal

The install on http://www.paradines.com/ind/ was a fresh 1.1.2 install then a database import from our main site. I then upgraded to 2.0 RC4, installed the fresh Legend theme. The postings being out of place has been there since the very start.

Some posts with the issue:

http://www.paradines.com/ind/index.php?topic=2856.0
http://www.paradines.com/ind/index.php?topic=2797.0

Index.template.php is attached it has not been modified at all from the LegendR4 zip.

[attachment deleted by admin]

willemjan

I'm trying to find an pattern in this. The only pattern I see right now is the avatar. Since this is an test site: could you please uninstall tiny portal, and see how it goes? I have an modified legend installed, and its not causing the same...

emjay

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly,

I have now un-installed tinyportal but the issue seems to remain. I agree it seems to be something to do with the avatars. I have tried every setting I could (resize with HTML, javascript etc) I can't find an option to totally turn them off for everyone to test however.

A lot of them are broken since they are trying to load from the main server. However I would just expect broken icon links and not this odd indenting thing that is going on.