Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

FlagrantRC4 Question.

Started by MarkP, Feb 08, 11, 07:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkP

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully you can help with a couple of questions. Complete newbie!

SMF 2.0 RC1.2 with flashchat installed.

Everything works just great (only taken me a week to find this combination that actually works!)

Questions:

Have installed FlagrantRC4, no problems, but I have lost the "Users in chat" notification that is in the default theme. In default it appears top and bottom but has completely disappeared in flagrant.

Also, is there a way to extend the width of the FlagrantRC4 theme? Looking at making it go across full screen.

Been reading for hours but can't find the answers.

Thanks in advance for any help

willemjan

Do you know that you are running an really old version of SMF? They are currently at RC4, while yours is RC1.2. There are a huge amount of bugs fixed since then, and there are allso security issues in RC1.2. I advice you to upgrade.

Could you link us up to your site?

You can add width by searching in index.css for #wrapper. Just add more % to the width defined in there.

MarkP

Hi willemjan,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have looked at all available versions of SMF that will work with flashchat AND flagrant and ended up with 2.0 RC1.2

No matter what I tried, I couldn't get 2.0RC4 to work with flashchat and flagrent.

I have also just noticed that when I manually go to register a new user, I can't access the registration page, so that's another bug I need to have a look at.

Link is:

http://www.photographychat.co.uk/forum/

Thanks,

Mark

MarkP

P.S just sorted the width problem..... Thank You  O0

willemjan

If I understand correct, then this is the order you installed things in:

1. SMF
2. Chatroom
3. Theme

If that is correct, then you need to add the chatroom codes for this theme manually, or reïnstall the mod (de-install, and then install again).

The mod adds lines to index.template.php. When you install an new theme, those lines are not in there. That's why you need to do this.

I can access the registration page just fine. Don't see your problem...

Crip

Put flagrant Theme up so We can see it?
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

MarkP

MarkP

I've set a user up:

demo/demo

Crip

Can you your Ftp & delete Flag' BoardIndexTemplate.php , might help your CHat..
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

MarkP

deleted, no change.

If someone could use the latest version of SMF, install flashchat AND use the flagrent theme, I would pay them. Been banging my head against a wall for a week now just to try and get all three things working together  ;D