Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Black Rain & Ajax Chat

Started by mikedbom, Feb 09, 11, 11:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

mikedbom,

We can tell you how to add a tab to the Black Rain theme but we need some additional information.  I have a feeling that you are still asking about how to add a Chat button to the theme.  We can help you with this if you can't figure it out but we will have to have additional information like ...
1.  What text should the tab have on it?
2.  What url should the tab be linked to?

Generally, the instructions for adding a tab for a Mod to an SMF 1.1.12 theme, like BlackRain, can be found by going to the SMF Mod page where you downloaded the Mod from, selecting the version of the Mod you are using on the right under "Download this mod", selecting the version of SMF from the dropdown that says "Manual Install Instructions for SMF", Click "Parse", and then looking on the next page for the edits required for "./Themes/default/index.template.php".  However, instead of the index.template.php file in the ./Themes/default/ folder, you need to edit the same file in the ./Themes/BlackRain/ folder, or whatever the name of the folder for the custom theme is.

However, again, as I said in your other topic, SMF Mods MUST always work on the SMF default theme before attempting to make them work on the custom theme.  I hope this helps.

ZarPrime

mikedbom

10-4 ZarPrime.  I only posted here because the SMF site recommended asking the designer of the Theme if a mod wasnt working.  I am quite sure it will work on the default forum as many have posted that is has.  I just didnt have the time to change permissions to get the shoutbox to work.  If it doesnt work with the default theme, i will leave it alone.  if it does, perhaps i could get some direction on how to modify the Black Rain theme to make it work?

mikedbom

Quote from: willemjan on Feb 11, 11, 03:11:42 AM
We give support on Crip's themes only. You should ask this at the SM site ;)
BlackRain is Crip's theme

mikedbom

@ZarPrime,

ok, i will look into the parsed instructions, hopefully i can reverse engineer it.  I dont have much experience with PHP, only HTML and CSS so we'll see how it goes. 

this isnt in connection with my help request on the chat mod.  I wanted a button on the menu that would send a visitor to an outside link such as back to my website.  The text should read "Dirtbags" and the link is www.dirtbag-nation.com

the forum sits at www.dirtbag-nation.com/forums

thanks,

Mike