Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 480
Total: 480

MacLike - No icons?

Started by Rediation, Apr 24, 11, 04:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rediation

I just installed the ''MackLike'' theme, but on my forum, the icons for ''New posts'' and such aren't showing.

Anyone know what might cause this?

(Just figured out that this is for ALL of the themes, I tried Zenblue and MacLike and some others, and all of them don't show the icons, its just a blank space with a border).

Crip

Hi,
Your the 1st to have this problem , your Ftp Is/might/Could-be .. dropping those "images" for some reason ?
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Rediation

Thanks for your reply, but I'm on FileZilla, and I can see all of the images in the ''Mac like'' folder, and when I open them, I can clearly see them.

I also tried uploading the zip directly via the online installer, but the icons were also missing.

Crip

All my Theme's have all "images" there suppose to have.
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

ZarPrime

Rediation,

It's possible that your paths are incorrect if your images are showing up as broken images.  There is a particular path for each image in each theme and, if the paths are wrong, the browser won't know how to find them.  For instance, on this site, the new icon for the MacLike theme looks like this, , and the path to it is --> http://www.jpr62.com/theme/Themes/maclike205/images/english/new.gif

To find out what the path is to a particular image on your site, right click the broken image and select "View Image".  That's the method if you are using FireFox.  If you are using another browser, the method may be different.  Once you do that, your browser should show the image if it is correct.  If the browser says that it's a bad url or something, then you will know that the paths are wrong.

If the paths are wrong, let us know and we'll tell you how to fix that.

ZarPrime

Maxx

Yes...I agree!
I'm wondering if he installed the theme through the SMF Admin control panel or via FTP and another thing that comes to mind is, if the theme was double zipped when he installed it, but in that case, it would be only a shell with no css or images, but anyway you look at it...it seems the paths are wrong@!

If all themes are like this then the image/s paths in the SMF admin set up, is incorrect

regards,
Maxx