Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Minor CSS edits

Started by agent47, May 08, 11, 03:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent47

Crip o' pal, as you know I use your lovely Archway theme on my site and I couldn't have asked for a better theme. Now I need to make more modifications to it in order to suit the subject of the site and that's why I'm here buddy.
I'm pretty sure they're just minor CSS edits but since I'm an utter noob at coding I need a hand. So here's what I need help with fellas.

1. I need to move the header a little downwards in order to have a little empty space right on top. I tried using margin-top but that brings up an ugly white space instead of the blank space. BTW by the header I mean the big large superhero banner.

2. If you look at the picture above you'll notice I have outlined a section in red. I like that section removed out of the header and placed some place else, say some where below the navigation bar (#toolbar). As you can see it ruins the entire site. Plus the fact that the login screens is right there too to guests makes it even worse. They probably will resist registering on the site as it hinders their experience. So a nice full width "user details bar" below the navigation menu might fix that.

3. Also I like to have a blank space in between the navigation bar and the wrapper. The margin functions don't seem to work :(

If you guys could help me with this only then will I be able to declare my site complete as I feel it's still partial yet so please guys help me out here. There's no other place I can ask this since the theme is from here.

Thank you guys in advance. Thank you so much..

Maxx

OK first off, you have no place to move this user section, it will need to be removed from you index.template...Not to worry you may add a block using TP, to add a user area. So you may want to upload the index.template.php for Crip to edit and the other stuff your asking I'm certain what it is you want, and you in the future you should tell us what version of everything you are using.

I see from your site it's still at RC3 (SMF). and ...

Rules say no links in your signature! I don't even do that!

regards,
Maxx

Crip

I gave you theme , I'm not going to re-design it for you or anyone .. that's your choice...

Crip
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

agent47

Wow all right man.... No need to get all boorish... lol
I was only asking for help because I didn't know how to do it myself since this is a support forum....

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

Quote from: agent47 on May 08, 11, 03:55:33 AM
Crip o' pal, as you know I use your lovely Archway theme on my site and I couldn't have asked for a better theme. Now I need to make more modifications to it in order to suit the subject of the site and that's why I'm here buddy.
I'm pretty sure they're just minor CSS edits but since I'm an utter noob at coding I need a hand. So here's what I need help with fellas.

1. I need to move the header a little downwards in order to have a little empty space right on top. I tried using margin-top but that brings up an ugly white space instead of the blank space. BTW by the header I mean the big large superhero banner.

2. If you look at the picture above you'll notice I have outlined a section in red. I like that section removed out of the header and placed some place else, say some where below the navigation bar (#toolbar). As you can see it ruins the entire site. Plus the fact that the login screens is right there too to guests makes it even worse. They probably will resist registering on the site as it hinders their experience. So a nice full width "user details bar" below the navigation menu might fix that.

3. Also I like to have a blank space in between the navigation bar and the wrapper. The margin functions don't seem to work :(

If you guys could help me with this only then will I be able to declare my site complete as I feel it's still partial yet so please guys help me out here. There's no other place I can ask this since the theme is from here.

Thank you guys in advance. Thank you so much..

Please Understand that what your asking is not support, support is to correct errors with a Theme/s.
Crip does all these themes and gives them free. If you need custom work done on a theme please request this in the proper forum. But First read the guideline we have set up for these request. Custom jobs are the only way Crip can gain some funds to help maintain this site, He offers many free themes, styles and schemes. many come here looking for changes that we wind up re-doing the whole theme, and that's not right. and it is also not free! so please read before you post>!

We also reserve the right to turn down any custom job/s for what ever reason we chose.

regards,
maxx

willemjan

I have to agree with Maxx on this. These edits are more then just simple CSS edits. It would cost some digging in the template files to accomplish what you want. Not something that is done in 2 clicks.

agent47

willemjan

No problem.

Anyways, Crip can give you an quote on what this will cost you. Of course, like Maxx said, he has the right to decline your request.

Crip

Well not much $
          .. agent can PM more details if they wanna ?

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.