Users: 0
Guests: 99
Total: 99

A blue Flagrantly?

Started by voyager, Jun 06, 11, 02:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Quote from: voyager on Jun 06, 11, 10:48:19 AM
Alright, I got the colors right, but there's a few small other things I'm wondering if you can help me with (it's not that I wouldn't love to contribute to Crip and have him make me one, but I can't afford it right now).

- I can't set a fixed width (it automatically fills my entire window...I'm assuming it's because I'm using an RC5 theme on RC4?) so can I fix that?

- I love this theme (hence why I'm putting so much work into it) but is there a way to put the quick login on the top right of the forum page instead of just the links? I'd just copy the code over but I don't know where to look for it.

Admin > Current Theme >Modify the stylesheets. (colors, fonts, etc. > index.css
a window will open you index.css so you can edit, But please Copy and past this complete code to you note pad and save, for back up!

then look for the code I gave you above!

regards,
Maxx

willemjan

your site seems to be offline for me...

voyager

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened...what you get for using Godaddy as your host I suppose.

Anyways, when it comes back online, I got all the color bits right, but how can I fix my width issue, along with the others I mentioned?

willemjan

Yeah, I heard a lot of bad things about Godaddy. Its probably an error on their side. You should go with another host I think.

I was going to figure it out with firebug, but I need to view your site in order to do so...

voyager

I restarted my server, should be back up in 20 minutes or so.

Someday...I'll go to someone better.

ZarPrime

Yeah, I've heard the GoDaddy is sometime more like "StopDaddy". :P

Have you ever used the Firebug addon with Firefox?

ZarPrime

willemjan

Quote from: ZarPrime on Jun 06, 11, 11:07:44 AM
Have you ever used the Firebug addon with Firefox?

Me? Sure! ;)

voyager

Alright, it's working now.

No, I use Chrome which has its own extension, I just can't figure out how to fix things like I posted such as the width and putting in a quick login box.

willemjan

You seem to have made an mistake in index.template.php. I am missing the:
<div style="width: 960px" id="wrapper">

That is what controls the width of your forum. Could you please attach the file here?

ZarPrime

Well, I knew you had used it willemjan. :D

voyager, I don't know how much you pay GoDaddy but the host I'm with is really good, hardly ever any downtime, and always very fast with support.  They have a great deal going right now ...

Anniversary Special
Unlimited disk space
Unlimited transfer per month
1000 e-mail addresses
Unlimited addon domains
100 MySQL databases
$11 per month

If you're interested in them, send me a PM and I'll give you a link,

ZarPrime