News:

We have *Free* SMF 2.0 & 2.1 Themes for Download and Support!

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,737
  • Total Topics: 1,372
  • Online today: 229
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

New section

Started by Maxx, Sep 18, 14, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Added New Category for Computers and stuff, so if you want brag about the great deal you got, then,  that section is the place, No bashing on Brands or Retailer's allow,. If you issue other than real bugs then address them with the manufacture's site. This section mainly for possitive thoughts and or How TOS!

Post at >> link

Not the complaint department! :)

If you have good ideas or suggestions then, All's clear!

regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

Great idea Maxx!  :)

Since this site is about theme design, my first question is...........

What features would you look for in a computer that would be helpful in theme design?

Maxx

I use my custom built desk tops for that stuff, it depends on the software and the amount of multi tasking your doing, how many of these heavy programs you have running at once, some do them on lat tops, but I'm too old school for that tiny stuff, and the cost of one to do what I do would out way the value to me. and on the desk tops if something goes bad I just replace that board or ram or what ever and keep moving no time waiting, for some one else to do it! plus way cheaper.

regards,
Maxx

Scrubmeister

Yes, price of desk tops have really come down. The larger chassis is easy to work on too.

I like the portability of laptops so I've gone that route in recent years. I've learned to repair the Dells that we own. Replace motherboard, cpu, whatever. Not too bad on a commercial machine. The throw away retail units aren't worth even trying to fix.