Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209

Twitter button on Analysis

Started by voyager, Oct 24, 10, 04:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voyager

I want to stick one of these little buttons to the right or left side of the search bar on the top right of the forum, is that possible and how do I do it? (doesn't matter which one, most likely third or fifth and six row)

http://twitter.com/goodies/buttons

Crip

voyager ,
I really wouldn't no how to do that .. u could search around @ SMF ??
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

voyager

I figured it would be as simple as adding in HTML into the main code for the button, but I guess I just need to know where to do it. I think the search bar on that theme is customized (the top right one) so I just need to know where to look.

Maxx

Not sure if I'd mess with the php code to do this, how ever there are many ways to add button code to your theme  or forum, to show on all themes.

Just like the donate button you see here on the left hand side you can make the blocks appear in many places on the site. L/R/T/B and up or down.

Note that TP has HTML blocks ready to except code!

You may also use the News headline function, or install a mode call Global headers and Footer or something like this, but on these you may want to add other stuff as well, like ad banners or new headlines.

altering the PHP and CSS code just to place a button, does not make much sense, and there is another mod out on SMF site called I think share mod, that gives you the option to add facebook, youtube, twitter and many more to each post, through your BBC function on the WYSIWYG editor for replying or creating and post or topic.

And as Crip mentioned you may want to check all the mods out at the SMF site.

regards,
Maxx