News:

We have *Free* SMF 2.0 & 2.1 Themes for Download and Support!

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,749
  • Total Topics: 1,374
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 497
Total: 497

BlackRain v.3 Logo Text

Started by DeepMagic22, Oct 26, 10, 12:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeepMagic22

Hi!

I have the BlackRain v.3 theme installed for SMF 2.0 RC3. It came with a psd file for the logo. I want to change the text so instead of saying BlackRain v.3 I want it to have my website's name but using the same exact style and colors. So I just want to change what it says. I don't see any text layers to edit. How can I do this? I'm using Photoshop CS5.

I appreciate any help I can get in this.

~Best

Chris

Crip

hi ,
try this one cs3 a Mac Font called .. [apple chancery font]

-----

[attachment deleted by admin]
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

DeepMagic22

Thank you for your help. I was able to edit this to put my own text. The font is a little different than the original but still nice. Only thing is I don't have that font so when I changed the text the font changed. I'll have to search it out.  Also, do you remember the name of the original font? Maybe I can find that too.

I'm just wondering why there was no text layer to the original psd. Was it a font that wasn't compatible with Photoshop or something so you had to save it as an image instead of text?

Maxx

The Font will need to be applied to your Windows fonts once you find it or any new ones.

You can search the web O G00gle for free fonts and you'll find many free, I think Crip had named the font above in his post!

Please note I would not had too many fonts to the window font folder, this will slow down you windows start up!

regards,
Maxx

Crip

Quote from: DeepMagic22 on Oct 27, 10, 01:26:24 AM
I'm just wondering why there was no text layer to the original psd. Was it a font that wasn't compatible with Photoshop or something so you had to save it as an image instead of text?
..i think i rasterize the text.. ?
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.