Guests: 196
Total: 196

Ambassador 2.1 For RC2 Is Here!!!

Started by Skhilled, Aug 03, 19, 10:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

shambles

Hi

Just saying that I tried the amabassador2_1 theme today and had to edit index.template.php to include missing function "template_quickbuttons", which I copied over from the standard SMF2.1 default version of index.template.php.  Got "server 500" errors without this function in place.

Good looking theme I have to say  :)

Skhilled

What mods do you have installed? I haven't got those errors.

shambles

This was an upgrade from 2.0.17 with virtually all files overwritten.

It's on one of my home servers so still under test.

When browsing topics I noticed I could only ever see the first post. Checking the PHP (7.3.13) log I noticed a lot of these...

Quote[02-Mar-2020 13:44:00 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function template_quickbuttons() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Forum2.1\Themes\default\Display.template.php:865
Stack trace:
#0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Forum2.1\Themes\default\Display.template.php(255): template_single_post(Array)
#1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Forum2.1\Sources\Load.php(2539): template_main()
#2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Forum2.1\Sources\Subs.php(3476): loadSubTemplate('main')
#3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Forum2.1\index.php(176): obExit(NULL, true, true)
#4 {main}

I picked up the 2.1 repo from Github 7 days ago.

As I said, as this theme provides its own index.template.php file the default one isnt being loaded, meaning that button function was missing.  Copying the function over fixes the issue.

Skhilled

I do know that SMF 2.0.17 is not actually ready for PHP 7.3. So, you may get other errors or problems. AFAIK, it only works properly up to 7.2. There should be an update coming sooner or later...

Thanks for the tip about that function. :)

shambles

Yeah I'm on 2.0.17 (7.3.13) on all my production and test sites, apart from this one which is on 2.1 RC2

7.3 is fine for 2.0.17 though there are still a few deprecated function still within the source files (though the errors are masked out)

Skhilled

Sorry! Busy doing too many things at one time. LOL Just realized you did say it was 2.1 RC2. LMAO

Yes, the deprecated functions are a problem with 2.0.17. On some sites they give a ton of errors. :P

Skhilled

One question... Did you just add that function at the end of the file or replace the "function template_button_strip" with the "template_quickbuttons"?

shambles

Just added it to the end of the file :)

Skhilled

OK, thank you very much, just making sure first. :)