Users: 0
Guests: 484
Total: 484

Mobile phone theme

Started by Rickard, Sep 01, 11, 03:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickard

Hi.

I have 3 commercial forums, and my users constantly asks me to install Tapatalk on my forums.
My problem with this is that i have no control of advertising in Tapatalk, and if i would like to be sure of no third party advertising i need to pay about 9000 $ in order to get licenses for the 3 major mobile phone OS.

I am using SMF with CS Manual the + simple portal, and i wonder if there is a theme around that works with my set-up, and who makes the forum as usable as with Tapatalk for those reading the forum via there mobile phones?

I have tried the SMF4iPhone Theme by Fabius, but it doesn't seem to work as it should, cant open admin after installing it on my test site.
Dont know if its the CS Manual or Simple portal to blame, or the SMF4iPhone Theme, and really need some help.

Any ideas?

Crip

hi ,
..i really do not understand what it is your saying??..Lol .. sorry?
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Rickard

5-10% of my visitors use smart-phone to view the forum.
The want me to install Tapatalk (Do you know what that is?)

I Dont want to install Tapatalk because it take away all my advertisers ads,  and even might display ads from third party advertisers.

Is there any "Mobile phone" theme that functions on a site using CS Manual theme as its default theme?

Crip

I don't know ? Tapatalk ¿ , it should work with CS-Manual --..i'm not sure about mods...
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

There are are a few designers, just thinking/working on and about making a phone type theme or themes, so if and when they do We all will know! yes many are looking in the direct of the future Mobile and hand held devices!

regards,
Maxx

Rickard

A "Tapatalk" style theme, where it was possible to place your own advertisers ads in an ad rotator is a them/mod i could pay for.