Users: 0
Guests: 176
Total: 176

Help need with Flagrantly theme by crip

Started by major zod, Oct 13, 14, 09:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

major zod

Good day to you all,
First i want to pay my last respect to Crip, after ready the message on the front page i was highly motivated to always work hard no matter what. Crip is truly my hero.

I have been using the Flagrantly theme for a while, i want to make a little changes but i cant.
I am trying to make use of the space in between the logo and the welcome area, i will appreciate if i can get any help with this. I have attached a picture of what i meant.The reason for this, is because my logo is quite small and i could insert a banner or an ads within the empty space there.

Maxx

If you' like to place larger banner, then you could do this in the possibly header area and center it, using the Css, But I will need you URL, to see how he coded this , I have none installed, because there are way too many of them, and please bare with us.  I will come up with a plan on this!

using a custom CSS entry for the logo:

logo what ever : example of what I use

.logo {    display: inline-block;    left: 38.4%;    line-height: 100%;    margin-left: -18px !important;    min-width: 50px;    position: absolute;    top: 10px;    transform: rotate(0deg);    z-index: 101;}

now this just an example and it can be adjusted to fit the screen size you wish!

But I need your url!

regards,
Maxx

major zod

Thanks maxx for the quick responds, my url: www.allstudentforum.com
I want to keep the logo, the way it is and also make use of the empty space for banner ads, let say to have a div that can hold a banner or ads in between that space.

Maxx

major .... in you smf admin> current theme, there should be a text field for the smf slogan, now  it it is there and you upload and image, and rename it smflogo.pnp , I think the image should appear on the right side or float right, now the image most be to large in height and width, so you y need to play with the sizes. or if Google adsense, not sure if the code will work there but it may?

the header usually is measured 50% for each side l and right!

If this does not work you may need some custom work, I could do if you give me some time!

but please try it out see what you can come up with, You may also place some text message in there where the smflogo.png should be: example:
Welcome, Glad to Have you here!

regards,
Maxx

major zod

ok thanks, i will try that out, i was thinking i could do some modification on it from index.template.php but dont really know where to look.
Ok let me try what you have said and i will give u feed back.
Thanks

Maxx

I never recommend toying with the php stuff unless, have have to.

You could try an adsense iframe type ( small ad ) in the text field for the smf logo. it should except html
But make sure you back up your theme via FTP, and set the forum to the default theme while you test this out.

But the problem with that is the ads come up various colors and they may clash with the theme.

If you use text in that space to give a short description of the site may be in order:

<b>Welcome to our Student Educational Community!
           If You can't find what you need via the search function
           please free free to post your concerns in the related forum</b>

It should look like this:

Welcome to our Student Educational Community!
           If You can't find what you need via the search function
           please free free to post your concerns in the related forum

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

It should line up though because it should be set in the CSS to Float right, if not let me know! we may also need to check the text color in the CSS file?

regards,
Maxx

major zod

QuoteIn you smf admin> current theme, there should be a text field for the smf slogan,

I have checked this but its not there, however its should be on the default theme.

Maxx

I guess then, he did not include this in that theme.

regards,
maxx