Guests: 217
Total: 217

Rush!

Started by Crip, Feb 02, 12, 02:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

Yes Have many of their hits,, from Canada you Know! also on my website!

regards,
Maxx

Crip

they go back a while too>!

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

Yes and the drummer is one of best I know of!

great group Bro!

regards,
Maxx

ZarPrime

There was a period when I was in college when my friends and I were really into SCTV, and especially Bob & Doug McKenzie.  We all used to call each other hoseheads or just  hosers for short and when something was cool, the thing to say was "Beauty, eh?".  When we wanted one of them to leave us alone, you simply said "Take Off, you hoser" or "Get out !!!" or simply just "Take off, eh!" and even "Stop lyin', will ya'".  I don't even know if Canadians really talk like that or not but we assumed they did simply because Bob & Doug did.  Whenever we felt like bursting into song, all we had to do was start singing "?? Koo Roo Koo Koo Koo Koo Koo Koo, Koo Roo Koo Koo Koo Koo Koo Koo ??" and everybody would join in.  You can imagine what our parties were like, drinking Molsons and talking about eating Backbacon. :D Fun times, no doubt.

I remember at some point they cut an LP with a bunch of cool songs on it and Geddy Lee of Rush had a track of "Take Off - To the Great White North" on it.  To this day, I don't even know which came first, Bob & Doug's skit or the Geddy Lee song.  I bought the album and we played it all the time.  I guess it became the theme song at all our parties.  I would love to go back in time for just a few days to relive these memories.

Here's the song ...

... and here's the skit ...

ZarPrime

Thinking back and listening to these videos again reminds me of just how unique Geddy Lee's voice was.  I guess you really liked it or you really hated it.  I was one of the ones that really liked it.

Maxx

Great Follow up there Jim, this my favorite Video and Song of theirs... I knowthere more I like but here it is:
Rush - Closer To The Heart

Crip

yeah,
  • we men , have been around quite a bit , heard a lot of stuff , seen a lot of stuff too , bu  t that's Okay>!

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Scrubmeister

Those are some very talented guys who are still making great music.  :)

Zacharia

:coolsmiley:   
Rush - Fly By Night
Rush - Closer to the Heart