Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 489
Total: 489

Change theme Header - Mobile by Crip

Started by darlene, Jan 30, 11, 05:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darlene

Here you go, I grabbed an article which had paragraph spacing and as you can see the text all goes together so I manually put in returns.

[attachment deleted by admin]

darlene

One more big question, I am not sure if this is in the theme or the source code, but I am using TP and bring my articles on the home page from a board I created called front page articles.

I have a huge problem in that I do not write the articles, I grab railway related articles from the Canadian press and post them on the site as we are all railway employees. Right now each article says
Quote06 Feb 2011 - Alberta's Worst Train Crash Happened 25 Years Ago  Written by admin posted in Front Page Articles Sunday, February 06, 2011 4 Views Print Page
Hinton rail disaster killed 23 passengers and crew and injured 95
. Somewhere I need to change the written by and just put posted, any idea where I would do this as I really will get nailed by the papers. Also how do I take the date out of the title as it is in two places. Thanks so much for your input.

By the way Crip I went with TP as tried 3 and this is by far the most advanced but there is a lot more too it to learn!

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

darlene

Yes it does, but do you have any idea where I can take the short date out of the article title and change the written by  to posted by.

I have tried looking at all the template files, and the TP files, maybe it is in the core but not sure where to look.

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

darlene

Found it, you are right TP rules... Wow it can do just about anything, though I haven't got it to make me a cup of coffee yet...

darlene

You had helped me customize the top of the forum for me and all has been working wonderful.

I just upgraded to the new version of smf and reinstalled tiny portal and I do not know what to do about my template, I know you have updated the template but because of the customization I do not know what I can upgrade and for some reason my forum images are showing as an error etc. when the path seems correct.

Would you mind having a look at www.runningtrades.com at the forum and let me know if I should reinstall the new version of mobile but I still do not know how to change the header as you originally helped me with this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this upgrade has gone terrible

Darlene

Maxx

If you'd like to move your logo header stuff to the left then, change this in your index.css:

Find:
#logo {
    background: url("../images/img/logo.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    cursor: pointer;
    display: block;
    height: 120px;
    left: 10em;
    position: absolute;
    top: 1em;
    width: 745px;
}

replace with this:
#logo {
    background: url("../images/img/logo.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    cursor: pointer;
    display: block;
    height: 120px;
    left: 15px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 1em;
    width: 745px;
}

the ""left :"comment is the one play with

And on the missing images we will need a log-in to look at those, I think your referring to the icons on the left side of the category/
windows

regards,
Maxx

darlene

I am referring to the forum for example http://runningtrades.com/Themes/mobile204/images/off.gif

None of these images are showing up they are all broken but I have the right path?

I have pm'd you my login information, Thanks.

Darlene

darlene

Now when I am looking I do not see there is a forum update for mobile for the latest version of smf. Do I need to upgrade the forum?