News:

On Deck: Next is "Orangeline" For SMF 2.1.4! ;)

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,749
  • Total Topics: 1,374
  • Online today: 483
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 479
Total: 479

Reference

Started by charlie, Jan 13, 11, 11:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Hello, just came by to say how much i love this theme. i am stumped however, i wanted to add an extra tab for forum as you can see here, i feel really dumb for being stuck like this. havnt done web design for ages  :buck2:

Maxx

Charlie,

re you using a Portal Mod? and if you are and you add a Front page to your site you will get the forum button!

If not the Users will Click on the Site name from your Site map tree at the top of the board to go to the forum start (Forum Index page). or the Logo at the top of your page!

If you do have a Portal installed please visit the home site of this Protal and seek your How to set up a front page on their site!

Please read my signature before you do anything!

regards,
Maxx

charlie

thanks for your reply, i do use a portal. however through trying to edit one of the original buttons i managed to change links but not the actual name of link. for example "help" links to forum, but i havnt been able to rename the "Help" to forum.

ZarPrime

charlie,

Welcome to the Cripzone.

What Portal are you using and what version?  What version of SMF are you using?  What Maxx was trying to say is that if you are using a version of SMF greater than 2.0, the Portal, when it's installed, should add a Forum button to your top menu as long as you don't have your Portal FrontPage set to go straight to the Forum BoardIndex.  If it is set to go straight to there, there will be no need for a Forum tab since the Forum would be on the FrontPage.  I hope you understood that.  Let us know.

ZarPrime

willemjan

Charlie, if you want to rename some default buttons like "Help", then you should search somewhere in the language files. I'm not shure where, but the people on simplemachines.org do know

charlie

awesome help guys, will edit post and get back to you  ;)

Maxx

Thanks guys and it's great theme to work with!

regards,
Maxx