• Total Topics: 1,374
  • Online today: 515
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 467
Total: 467

Sometimes change the theme of your forum?

Started by Linda, Jul 22, 11, 12:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Hello,

Do you sometimes change the theme of your forum?

Maxx

Hello Linda and Yes this site's theme has changed a few times?

Why you ask? :)

regards,
Maxx

Linda

Quote from: Maxx on Jul 22, 11, 12:14:29 PM
Why you ask? :)
Just to know Maxx ;)
When I started my smf a few years ago I changed the theme very much but since december 2009 it's the theme Flagrant because I love this sooo much :smitten:

SonataWolf

I think its important to change your theme sometimes to keep it fresh. But when its a theme your community really like then its a different matter you should always ask them if they want a change so much so that you dont alienate them. :)

Maxx

Yes and another good idea is to have 2 or three of various theme the members can chose from, some like the dark and other like the medium and some like the liter ones, I like them all but when it comes to reading what the forum has to offer I feel it's best to have a medium if you will theme that is easy on the eyes, and they don't get frustrated trying to read the post and articles!

another consideration of mine is when changing from one site to another, with out change the monitor or graphic setting to please the eyes.

Too much distraction may look cool but, at time defeats the purpose of the forum or community!

regards,
maxx

Crip

Myself , I like Darkish Theme's for my eyeballs , but light themes are cool too!  & a earthy natural look.. ;)
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.