• Total Topics: 1,374
  • Online today: 546
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 457
Total: 457

How to add picture at the header of the theme?

Started by VK97_CRO_Vlado, Jan 07, 12, 09:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VK97_CRO_Vlado

Hello

I don't know how to add some picture at the header of Forum.

I am using your BlackBox theme and I want to add some picture.

I know that I mus goto files and find index.template.php and then open it and find something like div.class.ctbg and replace it with something else but i can't find it.

I want to have like this guy : http://www.harmswayguild.com/ .He have picture at the top in which say Harms War:Rebooted

Please help,I am using SMF 2.0.1

Thanks...

VK97_CRO_Vlado

Maxx

OK first you'll need to back up your style sheet> then you can do this, but keep ing mind that you need to maintain an image size 150 pixels in height and the width set as you wrapper width is set!

in your index.css... find this:
#header {
    background: url("../images/img/hdrb.gif") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #0A0A0A;
    height: 150px;
    overflow: hidden;
    position: relative;
}
#head-r {
    background: url("../images/img/hdrr.gif") no-repeat scroll 100% 0 transparent;
}
#head-l {
    background: url("../images/img/hdrl.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
}

and you'll need to replace with this and please note the "xxxx" will be the name of your background image, that you upload to the file indicated in the code>!

#header {
    background: url("../images/img/xxxx.gif") no-repeat #0A0A0A;

/*url("../images/img/hdrb.gif") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #0A0A0A; */
    overflow: hidden;
    position: relative;
}
#head-r {
    background: Transparent;
    /* url("../images/img/hdrr.gif") no-repeat scroll 100% 0 transparent; */
}
#head-l {
    background: Transparent;
   /* url("../images/img/hdrl.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent; */
}

Note the above is one way, I think, so you logo will appear on top of the BG image!

regards,
Maxx

VK97_CRO_Vlado

VK97_CRO_Vlado

The problem is that in my Forum Files I dont have indek.css ,I only have index.php and index.php~

And I didnt understood,what mean to change sheet like you said,cause I didnt changed it cause I dont know what it means!

Maxx

It will be in the Themes/blackbox/css/index.css

or from the admin
admin > configuration > current theme > Modify the stylesheets. (colors, fonts, etc.) > then click on index.css > then you can make the edits I mentioned.

But if you think you may not be able to do this, please PM me you Temporary admin access and I will  try to help you, if you give me all the image details!

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

Another note is that your image needs to be named the same is in the css code ie: gif, png for transparent images, and if you image is not the smae shade as the background it may not look too good!

regards,
maxx

VK97_CRO_Vlado

Okay

I've been found it.I won't put image now ,I just wanted to know how to do it,so I will put my picture when I will need.

Just say me what is maximum size of picture.

Thank You so much Maxx :)

VK97_CRO_Vlado

Just one more question :)

I downloaded addon TinyPortal and installed it,everything is great but I wanted to create Forum Stuff Block and I didnt knew code.

Do you know the code for Forum Staff on TinyPortal?

Thanks

Maxx

Quote from: VK97_CRO_Vlado on Jan 07, 12, 11:30:31 AM
Okay

I've been found it.I won't put image now ,I just wanted to know how to do it,so I will put my picture when I will need.

Just say me what is maximum size of picture.

Thank You so much Maxx :)

OK on this the max width of the picture should be the width of you forum, like if your forum is set to the width of 990px then the image should be the same, the height should be approx, 150 pixels unless you want the height large you can the change the Height setting in the css code where it show 150px at this time. but the one on the page you showed me ( the other site is way too large for me!

You can play with the forums width through the current them settings I showed you above, but just click on current them and then scroll down you'll see it!!

good luck.

maxx