News:

We have *Free* SMF 2.0 & 2.1 Themes for Download and Support!

Main Menu

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,737
  • Total Topics: 1,372
  • Online today: 349
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 321
Total: 321

<Heeeee Haaaaw>

Started by ZarPrime, Apr 13, 11, 11:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

I used to watch the show that this was from and someone recently posted this on Facebook.  I know it's silly but I had to share. ;D It'll make you smile too, I hope.

Maxx

When I was young and we finally had enough $$ to by a used BW tv set, I watched this program, one of the few that was good on the 3 channels ( shadows and  white noise we could pull in moving the rabbit ears around ( full time job for us )..You talk about a Simple man! To be honest the first good BW set we got was because, I was repairing Tvs at the age of 14, and start interest in this at 12. I got to work on the first RCA Color TV, round tube and the metal back with class front or screen face.
you kids LOL!

regards,
Maxx

Crip

.. this is almost [All] we had to watch way back when
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

ZarPrime

Yep, that was the main attraction on Saturday night, if I recall correctly.  Maxx, funny you should mention fixing B/W TV's.  I used to do the same thing, and color as well.  Well, until the first solid state sets came out.  They were much more difficult to work on, or at least troubleshoot, than the old TV's that had tubes instead of transistors. :D I didn't start working on the solid state stuff until after I bought my first 2 Knight Kits, an amplifier and a separate tuner to go with it.  I still have those old Knight Kits somewhere. ;D

Crip

Are we getting old or something .. Lmao :D

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

ZarPrime

Quote from: Crip on Apr 13, 11, 11:58:29 AM
Are we getting old or something .. Lmao :D

Gotta be !!! :2funny:

Crip

Bro Ken. says No way.. hehe..

- Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Maxx

Yes and when the first solid state with plug-in transistor came out If was working at a Authorized/dealer service for the company that produced it Sylvania up in the great lakes area Mich. after I got out the Military. Made more money selling Tvs though! at this time Power rectifier where coming out also to re-lace the 5U4/V4s ans the high voltage stages where still Vacuum tubes.

I got sapped so may times, you have no idea!
Again after I finished up working for the Navy for 15 yrs, I had to start all over again and started my own Electronics repair shop, Tv.Beta/ the VCRs then Test equipment, then Computers ( never though would every happen , but still doing PC and Laptops and custom builds!

regards,
Maxx