Users: 0
Guests: 473
Total: 473

Free content and your community using..

Started by Maxx, Oct 06, 10, 11:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

The TinyPortal..

This is for those who may not realize that you can fill your Community with great useful information, buy utilizing the RSS feeds on your TinyPortal Mod.

You can for example visit Computer World, MSN, NBC, and or any of the top information related site and click on any topic RSS feed and apply this code to your TinyPortal "RSS feed function" and select the topic of your forum that the topic/s best suites.

For example, if you have a forum category set up for PC Hardware you can set an up to date RSS feed to come up on the right or left side of your Forum whenever someone clicks on any topic under that category.

Now you may say well this takes the visitor to the other sites, not always so, avoid pictures in the feeds, or suggest to your community to click on the text links, to stay there! usually text  links will open a new window in most cases, and even if they do go, links to other site on your, will bring you up on the search engine spiders.

I find many many SMF communities that are geared only for SMF related stuff, that does not have to be, you can expand and open your doors to what you know best, for me there are many things I like and enjoy doing, and electronics and repair, custom building PC's is one of them. I also like to pass on everything I learn on the way, like the web presence and  creation and stuff like this. what ever you do best and enjoy doing, then this what your community should be geared for, and more!

Just a ramble! and just one of the many many things you can do with TP!

regards,
Maxx

Crip

Right Maxx --
It's def. the best SMF Free* Portal!!   jmho ..
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Duncan

I really like Tinyportal, but my members didn't.  It gave me a real easy way to post information and keep people updated when they first visited.  Oh well.

Maxx

You can do the same with  some of the other portals also, if you need some help just let me know!

regards,
Maxx

KT